KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 litres (Anthracite)
79 € 99 €
Voir le deal

Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos .....................

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos ..................... Empty
MessageSujet: Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos .....................   Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos ..................... Icon_minitimeLun 8 Fév - 21:28

Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos - "I Think Music In General Can Be Motivated By Revenge..."

Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos ..................... 131859

Radio Metal has published an interview with Andre Matos. The singer talks about his past, his relationship with his former bandmates of ANGRA, his
choises in his career, AVANTASIA and his new album Mentalize. The following is an excerpt:

Q: What do you think about the feeling of revenge that drives some musicians and leads to writing an album? Can heavy metal sound right and be prolific under the influence of anger? Did this ever happen to you? 'Cause heavy metal tends to be a rather positive music...

A: "I guess it can happen to anyone, not only in metal. I could name bosanova composers who were wrote their songs based on this kind of feeling. In Brazil, where I come from, there was a big dictatorship in the 60s and 70s. Most musicians couldn't express themselves as they wanted because of the huge censorship. So they were writing very nice songs, very nice music, with metaphorical lyrics, because they were not able to say what they wanted to say. I think music in general can be motivated by revenge, you can find this in the works of classical composers as well. There's something of it in Mozart's opera Don Giovanni. Beethoven 3rd Symphony was first dedicated to Napoleon, then he was disappointed in him and rewrote a big part of the symphony. Of course, metal is a style that deals with the aggressive side of music a lot, but that's something I try to dose in a good way. You must use the aggressive side whenever it's needed, but you also have to combine that with more quiet and introspective atmospheres, so you can have a good contrast between both feelings. I may have been motivated to write music due to feelings of rage, but I want to use a very clear example: when a band splits and somebody leaves the band to write a new album with a new band or as a solo artist, this person finds a big motivation to write something he can shove in the face of the people he no longer got along with. That's OK if good music is coming out of it. But the point is, will you keep doing this, will you still be faithful to that kind of music if that it what you want to do in your musical life? You mustn't forget that things stay forever, they have a place in history somehow. So sometimes, doing something for one specific reason is no good. In two or three years, you might not be feeling like this anymore."

Read the full interview at this location.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Ex-ANGRA Vocalist Andre Matos .....................
Page 1 sur 1