KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Empty
MessageSujet: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeMer 3 Juin - 18:49

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW
05.22.2009 - Codevilla, PV, Italy

Sorry guys if all of them were not answered, there were a lot of questions and it would definitely have taken too much of Andre's time!

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW 35626711

A.M.Official Fansite: You played an awesome show in Porto Alegre, with an orchestra. Do you think that a concert like this would be possible in France, or Europe?

A.M.: In France, I don't know... I hope yes! That's actually a big project that I have in mind, for the future, for the near future maybe.

A.M.Official Fansite: Imagine something like this in the Opera Garnier... wow!

A.M.: We have to prepare this project, must be very well prepared. Once we do the first one, it's gonna be easy to do more, cause then we already have the arrangements, all the scores, everything. And that's what I'm looking for, actually; I really wanna try to do more and more. Then it wouldn't be so difficult, if you have the scores, you just need some time rehearsing, and find the right orchestra, the right sponsors, because this is not a cheap project. But I'm very sure that if we do it, it's gonna be very interesting and many people would like to see it. And also a nice thing to be released on a DVD. And, you know, as I have a classical music training, it's something really special to me; it wouldn't be just to put an orchestra somewhere, play some notes and say 'Ah, band and orchestra, great!'. There's a huge difference between this and something that's really made to be... bombastic.

A.M.Official Fansite: What you did in Porto Alegre was really great! It was different, but great.

A.M.: That was really cool, because they took their time to do the arrangements, it was done by real music professionals and students, so the guys were even calling before and asking 'Is it ok if I do the arrangements like this or that...', and I said 'Pretty great, let's do it like this'... It was very cute actually because, after the show, they all brought me the scores as a present, you know, that they had printed... and that's also great for the classical environment, I think, because they are not used to the warmth that our audience has. They could have good applause of course but, never they had somebody screaming during the songs and singing together! And all the musicians who were playing there would look at the audience and were like Wooow... is it real?? Yes, every time is like this! So you don't know what you're missing! (laughs)
And another very nice thing was when I was doing the Rock Opera “Tommy” in So Paulo; many young musicians from the orchestra, people playing flute or violin or anything, good players, came to me and said: “Thank you Andre because I started music because I was listening to your songs first. Then I started with the electric guitar, but now I play violin”. And I said “great choice!” Haha.

A.M.Official Fansite: And what about inviting some classical musicians on the next tour, like you did with Shaman?

A.M.: Then I wouldn't stick to one or two only. I would really wait until I can do the whole thing. Would be nicer.

A.M.Official Fansite: You've written a song on Lisbon, one on Rio... when will there be a song about Paris?

A.M.: It would probably not be so original! Many people wrote about Paris already... Anyway, I don't really do it on purpose; it was just happening due to some inspiration. Lisbon was because I had a very strong experience in Lisbon. I don't know exactly how to describe that, maybe because it's the land of my ancestors, and that was my very first time in Portugal; and Lisbon is a very unique city, in a way; because of the whole atmosphere around, everything is very old and historic, and it's very special. And when I was there, for the first time I was having a walk in the old town, alone, and I was seeing some things that were really registered in my mind. And later on, when I suddenly had this melody line – one day I just woke up and played that on the piano – then I thought, it maybe recalls a little of the Portuguese traditional music, you know, the And I could actually confirm that when I met Fernando Ribeiro from Moonspell; he was invited to sing the song with me in a promo concert, and he told me “This is a real Portuguese music, this is real [/size]fado[size=9].” I could guess that but was not 100% sure. And he sent his compliments to me because the song was really beautiful, about his town; so I felt really honored with such praise from such a guy, he's a great writer too... So, it was a quite strong feeling.
And then, years later, I wrote the song Rio because I was also deeply impressed with one of the best Brazilian movies ever, which is First, when the movie came out, I thought maybe there's been too much of a noise about this movie and maybe it's just one more movie about violence, you know...

A.M.Official Fansite: No, it's really special.

A.M.: ..Yes, this movie has something really subtle, really deep, because it's not only about violence, it's about violence and the opposite as well, so it's a big contrast. It shows a lot of the human side, the art, the beauty of the city. And Rio also for me personally has a strong role in my life because my parents are from Rio, my family comes out from Rio, I was born in São Paulo but I spent basically all my childhood in Rio and I remember in the late 70's, how it looked like, how it felt like. And when I got to see the movie, all those things suddenly came up to my mind again and it was a deep impression again. So I decided to write a song having the movie as an inspiration, and those who didn't watch the movie, they should, because it's one of the best Brazilian movies that was ever done. So, I'm still waiting... you know... for other inspiration... It really depends on what kind of experience I have. I just don't choose a place and write a song, otherwise I could write about Mexico city too or whatever. But you need to live something deep there... So, for Paris... maybe! Let's wait and see...

A.M.Official Fansite: I have another question from a French fan, who asked: In any love story, as beautiful as it may be, with time come regrets... Angra and France, France and Andre: from that great love story, what would be your biggest regret?

A.M.: Well, my biggest regret is that I can't be there more often! (silence) But... I remember, during the Angra times – it was not only because of the band, it was also because of the moment – the French market was going up like hell, so big bands like Megadeth or Angra, or even Sepultura, everybody was going up like a rocket. Maybe it was the strongest market in Europe by the time; I'm talking about 15 years ago maybe or 10 years ago... It has changed. And I'm saying this because it's not only about me or Angra; I've been talking to lots of people and lots of bands who used to be also very popular in France, and they also say, the market has changed. Somehow there was that boom about hard rock in France, but all of a sudden, more than a half of the magazines shut down, radio shows shut down, even some TV shows in France, which don't show this kind of music any more... Now, what remains is that basically the old big bands are still making something (Iron Maiden, Deep Purple and so on) but you don't hear a lot about the new come-ups, and also not a lot about the proper French bands; there should be an activity now in France or outside France... I think it's a pity that such a promising market didn't go bigger, because you can see that in other countries like Germany for instance, although its very overcrowded with bands and stuff, they always manage to have that 'rock circuit', really stable; you can play on all over the country, there are rock clubs... it's a tradition. In France it was not a tradition before; it started to be, and suddenly it went down again. So I really only can hope that it comes back, because that was a great feeling. I remember some Angra tour that we did all over the country; we played like 50 gigs in France, I've been to places that I never could imagine I will be one day, like Montpellier, Lille, Rouen... everywhere. And this is not happening any more. I wish that one day, it would be possible again. I mean, the people deserve it, the fans deserve it, it's more a question of business than any other thing, so when the people realize 'Oh, maybe we don't make so much money with that', then they stop doing that... and that's a pity. So, with my solo carrier I just expect than we can revive this somehow, build up something solid that grows up more and more and then, you know after such a time, I can say that France is still one of the biggest markets... which was very nice by the time; I was always happy to think about “nice, I'm gonna be a tour in France!”. It feels like home.

SUITE......................

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeMer 3 Juin - 18:55

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW 35634811

A.M.Official Fansite: A question about Brazil: You who live at the heart of the Metal world, how do you see those many management and relationship problems that happen to Brazilian bands, Sepultura, Angra, or what you lived with Shaman... Do you therefore feel more free with our own band now?

A.M.: Coincidentally, there were always management problems with the Brazilian bands, maybe because the Brazilian managers might not be that trustable. Brazil is a great country, it's a beautiful country, we have nice mentality, we are friendly and things like that. But I have to be honest, there is something about the Brazilian mentality that really sucks, which is: the corruption. People sometimes are not so honest and not so straight; they do many things under the table. Countries like Mexico, Brazil, Latin America in general has a little bit of this mentality, which is a shame, I would say, a big shame. I was living in Europe for a couple of years, and thank God I got the chance to live together with people who were very straight, especially the Germans; and there I learned a lot – how it's possible to live a life being honest to yourself and honest to the others around. And I can't fake any more, In this regard I could say that I'm more European than Brazilian, you know, because I always want to do the right thing, I never cheat; nor my band mates, or manager, or the public either. That's also another reason why people always ask me 'Andre, why do you ever break up with the bands? you go away, you start something and then you finish'?...- Because it's the most honest thing I can do once it's not working out any more! I mean, it's the only way I find to not stop with music, so that I get some new input and some new will to keep on doing what I'm doing. And finally with my solo band, just to answer this question, I can say that I found a perfect balance, at least so far – let's hope it's gonna continue. We are real friends, we have an open relationship, we discuss everything together, there is nothing being hidden... And I feel really good with that, because sometimes I have to play more the role of a manager here, for it's my name which is in risk, and I have to take really good care of what's coming out... sometimes it takes more time than usual, but at least I have the surety that I'm delivering something which I can trust and which I can really stand for. So in this regard I feel more free with my solo band, but on the other hand it's more work, because I care more about it.

A.M.Official Fansite: Another fan question... What's the meaning of Z.I.T.O.?

A.M.: Oh, no... You might ask the current Angra line-up, if they wanna talk about it.

A.M.Official Fansite: The title's not from you?

A.M.: No, it's not from me, and when I left the band I made a vow, I said: I'm not gonna talk about it, because back then we said 'this is a secret between us'; so I still honor this. If they wanna talk about it, it's their problem, but I honor the word that I gave. And to be honest it's not even so funny, so don't worry about it!

A.M.Official Fansite: your concerts, you almost always include guitar solos, keys solos, drums solos... why never any bass solo?

A.M.: I heard a joke once... but some musicians told me this joke was nice, so:
There was some wreckage on the sea, and the people of the boat went to a desert island. Then they found a native Indian, who was able to speak their language. But it was very scary, because they were hearing like some drums, very far away. So they asked the native guy: “What's that music coming, that drums sound, this is scary!” And the guy said: “No no no, drums can not stop. Drums never stop.”. Then the next day, and the next day.... “Drums never stop”. And they were getting crazy about it, they wanted to know where it came from, and the native guy was always saying “No! The drums can never stop.”. Then after 2 weeks they were asking the same and the guy was still answering the same and they went “WTF, why do you always say The drums never stop?? – Because if they stop then comes the bass solo!...”

(laughs)A.M.Official Fansite: Not kind for Luis!...

A.M.: But you can ask any bass player, he will agree! And Luis – he hates bass solos!... You know, I can't remember any bass solo I've seen that really caught my attention. Ok, there are these jazz players like Jaco Pastorius... this was good, this is a different thing. But I remember for instance, when Metallica came to Brazil, before the Black album, during the show, at one moment the music stopped and there was that bass solo and that was boring like hell. If the bass player makes an interesting thing, though – I was talking about it with Luis and we said, he could do something together with the drums. Then it could be something interesting, cause he's a very good bass player. But then it really means to build up a nice solo; not only play the bass as if it was a guitar. Bass is bass.

A.M.Official Fansite: But it could be part of a whole instrumental moment.

A.M.: Then I agree, then I don't have any problem with it. I just don't like when it's just a 'show off' of technique. But that also stands for guitar solos and drums solos and keyboards solos, I don't like when it's just... showing up your musical exercises, you know. It has to be about music.

A.M.Official Fansite: Do you plan to play again in Porto Alegre, and to do more shows in Brazil?

A.M.: Yes, Porto Alegre is always a place where we use to play; south of Brazil, we have a very nice audience there, it's one of my favorite cities in Brazil, so, absolutely we plan to play there. Probably with Andre Matos Solo band it's one of the places we've played the most already.

More shows in Brazil, yes, as long as there are good places to play and good promoters and trustable people, we should be playing in Brazil. We just did a very nice show in Manaus, and the people there were great, great production, so I was very happy with everything. Now we're doing some shows in south of Brazil when I'm back and there are many invitations for the next months, I hope it works out, as long as we can establish a professional level and nice spectacles for the people, we'll always be there to play in Brazil, I really love to travel around the country.

A.M.Official Fansite: How do you take care of yourself as a singer, and how do you warm-up before a concert, for an optimal performance?

A.M.:To be honest, I used to be very careful with my voice at the beginning, when I was still learning how to sing, so there are of course some basic care that you should never forget... but I try not to be too worried about it. The things about not to drink cold stuff, for instance... it's more like a folklore; what's really important is your mind. If you have a good state of mind you can perform well. And your body should be healthy as a whole; so, one thing is for sure: if you don't get a good rest, you're not gonna sing well. This is rule N°1, and maybe it's the only one that's really true. Sleep is very important. So, don't blame the singers if you see they're lazy and sleep too much because they're taking care of their voice!

A.M.Official Fansite: Why don't you more concerts, is it because you prefer to be composing in a studio rather than being on the road? Is it a way to revive your inspiration?

A.M.: Yes, of course when I record a new album I have to be some time away from the shows; it's very difficult to hold both things together, to be on the road and record at the same time. Sometimes you have to give yourself little breaks so you can work on new ideas and inspiration and everything, because it's a very different kind of work, to be in studio and to be on the road. Sometimes we don't know what we prefer; maybe to be on the road is more fun, but it can also be more exhausting, and studio is a very particular thing because somehow you need to recreate some kind of live atmosphere in the studio. But on the other hand it's also important because that's where you're gonna show your work and ideas, and you have to do it the best you can. So yes, basically if I was a bit away from the concerts, it's because we've been really working hard on the news songs and on the next album, and... the album is gonna be out soon!

---------------------------------

thanks to Andre for his time and kindness,
TO the fans for their questions
and to Alberto Viale for the photos

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeVen 12 Juin - 8:17

Andre Matos interview May 22th 2009 (Portuguese)
(part 1)

Fan Site Oficial: Oi Andre... Primeiramente parabéns pelo sucesso da turnê do TTBF! O que vc sente depois de uma grande turnê como essa?

AM: Nunca é suficiente! Não há lugares suficientes, não há tempo suficiente... As coisas estão aceleradas, você sabe. Me lembro de alguns artistas do passado que costumavam gravar um album a cada cinco ou dez anos - alguns ainda fazem isso, como o AC/DC. Mas cada vez mais agora vc tem q deixar de lado novas coisas e fazer novas turnês... Há uma indústria inteira por trás e ela como que te força a ser cada vez mais rápido. Então eu acho que ainda haveria possibilidade de promover mais shows do TTBF, talvez lugares diferentes; eu voltei a alguns dos lugares q já estivemos. Mas, senti q era hora d começar a produzir um novo album. Graças a deus q já tinhamos muitas idéias, tambem durante a turnê, então n foi tão dificil juntar essas idéias. Se eu tivesse q dizer qual é o sentimento, eu penso, foi algo mto importante, n somente por podermos promovê-lo por completo, mas especialmente por que isso deu á banda um melhor relacionamento como músicos. Para alguns caras da banda foi a primeira turnê pelo mundo e tenho certeza q todos aprenderam mto com isso. E mesmo para os mais experientes, como eu e o Luis, é sempre bom voltar pra estrada e viver essa experiencia mais uma vez, tão intensa como é; talvez n seja uma vida fácil estar na estrada, fazendo shows todo dia, longe de casa e em lugares diferentes... mas, definitivamente, quando acaba, nós sentimos falta! A turnê vira nossa rotina. Então, cada vez que gravamos um album, estamos pensando na turnê, e já estamos planejando a próxima.

Fan Site Oficial: Vamos falar sobre o novo album. Ainda há mto trabalho a frente?

AM: Sim. Eu já trabalhei mto e então eu fui para a Alemanha estas últimas semanas para iniciar o processo final com o Sascha Paeth, e tbm Amanda Somerville, que participa neste trabalho; mas ainda há algumas coisas a serem realizadas, e dps dessa temporada aqui na Itália, estarei d volta ao Brasil para acabar algumas coisas q ainda estão faltando no album; algumas linhas vocais ainda estão faltando, alguns arranjos tbm... Mas eu diria q está bem perto do final, 80% do album ja está completo. E estamos bem contentes com o resultado até agora! Boas canções vieram espontaneamente, sem perder nosso estilo, mas como costumo dizer, estou sempre tentandochegar um pouco mais além, desenvolver cada vez mais as coisas que começamos... Então eu acho que será um perfeito desenvolvimento e um sucessor pro TTBF.

Fan Site Oficial: Então está na linha do TTBF. Não é completamente diferente?

AM: Não, eu n diria isso. Não é completamente diferente, é talvez mais... preciso, mais maduro. Algumas coisas no TTBF... eu gosto mto desse album e acho q foi perfeito como o primeiro album da banda Andre Matos, mas sinto q algumas coisas foram mto exageradas. As vezes há tantos detalhes q as pessoas n conseguem reconhecer o q foi feito. É uma arte fazer algo um pouco mais simples, mas ainda ter a mesma mensagem, a mesma força e a mesma "classe", por assim dizer. Acho q tbm é parte do desenvolvimento pensar como soaria se nós fizéssemos ao vivo, se n diferiria mto do que está no album.

Fan Site Oficial: Vc sempre pensa nisso? Como soaria ao vivo?

AM: Se possível sim. Claro q há algumas musicas q são mto complexas, por exemplo, no TTBF temos...

Fan Site Oficial: ...A New Moonlight.

AM: Sim - Como tocar ela ao vivo? Exceto se usarmos playback, somente com uma grande orquestra – o que é uma possibilidade algum dia. É um sonho pra mim fazer algo como isso; mas então, musicas tais como esta vc ja grava sabendo q n é pra ser tocada ao vivo. Mas queriamos fazer um album um pouco mais "facilmente digestível", mais direto ao ponto - o q n necessariamente significa q o album é simples! Ainda tem mtos elementos, alguns desses elementos são ainda mais extremos, mas d alguma forma estamos cuidando q n vá mto longe em termos d "exagerar" alguma coisa.

Fan Site Oficial: Em francês, dizemos: 'Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien' ('o melhor é o inimigo do bom'), o q significa q quando vc retrabalha mto alguma coisa –

AM: vc começa a estragar as coisas.

Fan Site Oficial: ... e perde as idéias originais.

AM: Esse é o ponto! É mto dificil, eu acho q apenas a maturidade pode t dar conhecimento suficiente para saber lidar com isso, escolher entre o certo e o errado. Há uma linha mto tênue entre essas coisas pq, por outro lado, se vc n cuidar d tudo o q vc está fazendo, pode ficar mto tosco, mto pobre, e isso absolutamente n é o q eu quero. É mto dificil tirar a boa essência d algo e ainda sendo refinado.

Fan Site Oficial: Quantas músicas terá o novo album?

AM: Cerca d 15 musicas. 4 faixas deverão ser lançadas só no Japão, como bônus especial...

Fan Site Oficial: Pq Japão de novo?

AM: É cada vez mais; quero dizer, no passado eles pediam por uma musica e agora temos aprox. 20 minutos de musica! É facil entender... Lá eles tem um problema com importação; alguns albuns importados se vierem da China, Coréia ou algum outro lugar chegam no Japão pela metade do preço do produto japonês. Então, esse é o jeito d proteger o mercado, eles precisam d algo realmente original, único, para q eles n tenham mtos problemas com importação. E a idéia deles seria lançar talvez um CD separado, apenas como bônus, como um E.P., um CD duplo q viria em uma só embalagem. Então o produto japonês é um pouco diferente do resto. Mas seremos mto cuidadosos quanto a escolha; n sabemos ainda q musicas serão as faixas bônus, depende...

Fan Site Oficial: ...pelo menos o cover, talvez?

AM: O cover com certeza.

Fan Site Oficial: Haverá somente um cover?

AM: Sim, e será uma faixa bônus...

Fan Site Oficial: Haverá alguma versão retrabalhada nesse album, como A New Moonlght?

AM: Bem, é... (risos)

Fan Site Oficial: Vc n quer dizer.

AM: Acho q já falei demais!(risos)

Fan Site Oficial: Está bem, então será surpresa!... Qdo está programado o lançamento?

AM: O album estará pronto em Julho/Agosto, então acho q o lançamento será em setembro.

Fan Site Oficial: Vc planeja algum videoclipe para este album? seria legal...

AM: Talvez mais q um. Temos uma boa chance d filmá-lo provavelmente na Europa, qdo voltarmos aqui.
Talvez os clipes virão um pouco tarde, mas com certeza terá pelo menos um.

Fan Site Oficial: Será um clipe com "história", com atores e tudo o mais?

AM: Sim, eu prefiro assim. Acho q se for bem feito, é menos chato – de qualquer forma, eu n sou fã d clipes, n gosto mto. Acho q eles sempre parecem um pouco bestas, eu n assisto videoclipes! Mas é uma boa forma d promoção, é bom pros fãs... então, quando vc tiver q fazer um clipe vc deve fazer uma coisa realmente interessante. Quero dizer, colocar a banda num buraco, um buraco escuro, e só a banda tocando... n faz mto sentido. Então é melhor vc gravar os shows ao vivo e lançá-los em DVD.

Fan Site Oficial: Vamos falar da próxima turnê, em que países vc planeja tocar?
No site, temos pedidos, para Holanda – Argentina – Mexico – Brasil, é claro – Italia – Asia – Chile – Peru – Porto Rico – Alemanha, q vc n foi nessa turnê – França...

AM: Se tocassemos em todos esses, eu n reclamaria!! (risos) Mto legal... Bem, acho q vamos começar provavelmente na Europa Oriental dps q o album for lançado. Na verdade, o primeiro show será nos Estados Unidos, na Prog Power Fest em Setembro; será perto da data de lançamento do album; mas faremos apenas um show lá, e dps disso, acredito q estaremos d volta na Europa em outubro para fazer alguns shows especiais no oeste europeu... e então, há uma boa possibilidade d expandirmos nossa turnê, até novembro ou mais, a todos os outros países. E desta vez, espero fazermos uma turnê headliner, então tocaremos todo o set com as novas musicas tbm. Espero mto isso!

Fan Site Oficial: Vc só fará shows headliner ou vc aceitaria ser "openers" tbm?

AM: Planejamos tocar como headliner. Depende d vários fatores, tbm q tipo d promoção temos pro album, e a ajuda do selo da gravadora, mas eu acho q há uma boa chance, dps do q fizemos em janeiro, tocando com o Edguy. Mas tbm fizemos alguns shows headliner lá na europa... tivemos alguns convites para America Latina, tbm como headliner, então acho q acontecerá até o fim do ano. E ano q vem, será hora d fazer alguns festivais d verão, então teremos mto tempo desde o lançamento do album, para marcar os festivais, faremos turnê headliner antes, então tudo deve dar certo.

SUITE DE LA PART 1...................
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeVen 12 Juin - 8:20

Fan Site Oficial: Vc fará uma turnê acústica, como em TTBF?

AM: N sei ainda. Aquela foi bem espontânea, o selo queria fazer uma promoção especial. N sei como vai ser esse ano, se há orçamento pra isso, se há interesse em fazer isso. É claro q é legal para os fãs...

Fan Site Oficial: Sim! Mtos perguntaram sobre isso.

AM: Sim... por nós é legal tbm... é algo fácil d organizar – n digo fácil d executar, mas fácil d estruturar – e d alguma forma é uma boa oportunidade d ficar realmente perto das pessoas. Mas mesmo se n houver uma performance acústica, acredito q estaremos por aí divulgando, fazendo mais entrevistas e coisas do tipo.

Fan Site Oficial: A respeito do "processo criativo"... O quão envolvidos estão os outros membros da banda em escrever e compor? Qual deles contribui mais nas partes instrumentais?

AM: Acho q Hugo é quem me ajuda na composição mais frequentemente, mas isso n significa q os outros caras n trabalhem comigo tbm. Todas as musicas são o resultado da amizade coletiva. É mto bom pra mim trabalhar junto com outros, pq esclarece um pouco mais minha mente, é melhor assim do q só fazer as coisas sozinho. Eu aprecio mais. E dessa vez o processo foi o mesmo; os caras tendo idéias, e trabalhando-as juntos, então todos tem os créditos por elas. Eu n sou um compositor ciumento neste respeito, eu n quero soar como se meu nome estivesse lá sozinho.

Fan Site Oficial: Há alguem na banda – ou fora da banda – q frequentemente faz o papel de 'conselheiro supremo' ,qdo vc n sabe q decisão tomar ou qdo n consegue tomar uma decisão?

AM: Sim, eu costumo consultar... todos eles.

Fan Site Oficial: Juntos?

AM: Juntos, e as vezes em particular. Eu n tenho problemas em conseguir conselhos... Mas é claro, como é uma banda solo, mtas vezes tenho q tomar decisões por mim mesmo. Mtas vezes eu tbm procuro coisas novas por mim mesmo... e então eu os aviso mais tarde o q está acontecendo, mas eu n gosto d trabalhar como o "chefe", como "agora vc faz isso, agora vc faz aquilo"... nunca. É sempre bom qdo todos sabem oq está acontecendo, é a vida deles tbm. Eu realmente quero passar essa idéia. Embora o nome da banda é Andre Matos, ela n deve depender só d uma pessoa. N é somente qdo eu estou no palco q o show começa, deve começar já antes. Esse é o motivo d haver algumas partesno show q eu os deixo tocar solos ou coisas do tipo, pq eu realmente quero mostrar pras pessoas esses bons músicos q estão tocando juntos, para q eles tbm se sintam confortáveis. Eu nunca me sentiria bem se d alguma forma eles me temessem ou tivessem medo do q falo – Teve um tempo q eles estavam evitando tocar em alguns assuntos comigo, só pq eles estavam com medo da minha reação. Eu fiquei mto bravo com eles e eu disse pra nunca fazerem isso! Temos q falar sobre tudo, embora haja alguns assuntos n tão bons d se falar, como dinheiro por exemplo, e coisas do tipo. Todos devem se sentir livres pra falar como amigos. Talvez eu seja um pouco utópico em minha mente qdo eu penso ser possível executar juntos a parte dos negócios e a amizade, e ainda ser músico. Pq estas são 3 coisas q as vezes n são compatíveis: ser músicos, ser amigos, e ter um negócio juntos! Na maioria das vezes n dá mto certo.

Fan Site Oficial: E qdo vc trabalha com Sascha, na produção, ele participa no processo d composição? Ele adiciona algum toque pessoal?

AM: Ele dá a opinião dele, sim, mas desta vez, eu trouxe tudo basicamente terminado pra ele. E ele tbm admitiu q n se atreveria mudar mto do trabalho q foi feito, pq então haveria mto trabalho, uma vez q as coisas já estão feitas. Ele tbm estava tendo uma mentalidade diferente sobre isso, pensarei nisso do jeito q é, e se tiver pequenas mudanças a serem feitas, faremos, mas n mexeremos na estrutura das musicas. Ele mesmo disse q este é o modo perfeito d se trabalhar, pq algumas bandas chegam a ele com uma idéia bruta, rude, e ele deve desenvolver a idéia a partir daí; e ele n gosta mto disso, pois isso custa a ele mto esforço e poder criativo tbm. Mas eu acho q ele desempenha um grande papel d qualquer forma, ele tbm está trabalhando no som e alguns arranjos... mas isso é o q ele realmente gosta d fazer: tentar aperfeiçoar algo, em vez d consertar erros.

Fan Site Oficial: Neste album, vc geralmente escreveu as letras dps q a parte instrumental estava feita, ou houve alguma letra q veio a sua mente antes d pensar na musica?

AM: Sim, algumas idéias surgiram em minha mente antes, mas isso n quer dizer q eu escrevi a musica baseado nisso. Provavelmente combinava com as musicas q tbm estavam sendo feitas a parte, q n tinha a letra ainda, e então eu tive essa idéia de letra e pude adaptar uma coisa em outra e ficaram boas juntas. Tive 3 ou 4 idéias diferentes q surgiram em minha mente somente como letras, mas n necessariamente como musica, e eu achei um jeito d encaixar tudo. É curioso, eu n consigo realmente explicar como esse processo acontece, não é facil. É como... n sei, é como qdo vc cozinha algo; cada dia é diferente. Ou como as pessoas nascem com rostos diferentes; é a mesma coisa, mas são diferentes d cada um. É engraçado. As vezes tem algumas musicas q a letra surge na mente na hora. Eu começo a cantar, e qdo eu começo a cantar algo, as palavras já aparecem. Não acabado, ainda n completo, mas a estrutura básica esta lá, a idéia e o conceito básico está lá. Então... eu tento n sair mto disso; eu tenho q respeitar esta espontanea falta d critério, por assim dizer, e tentar focar naquela idéia.

Fan Site Oficial: Há alguma música desse próximo album q é mais especial ou mais importante pra vc?

AM: Sim, tem... mas esse tipo d coisa tende a mudar com o tempo. As vezes uma musica q vc acha ser mto importante no começo, qdo está acabada, ou vc se cansa dela, ou ela n se desenvolve em algo mto impactante, ou talvez haja outras musicas q ficam mais impressionantes no final... Sim, agora mesmo tem algumas musicas q são importantes pra mim, mas veremos no q vai dar. Ainda n sei como será o resultado final; espero q seja como eu imagino. Espero q continue q continue se desenvolvendo na mesma direção q está agora, e se isso acontecer creio q todos vão realmente gostar.

Fan Site Oficial: Houve rumores sobre um DVD; ele tem fundamento?

AM: Sim, planejamos um DVD para... talvez, ser lançado antes do fim do ano; seria uma boa idéia. Então precisamos, dps dos shows na América e dos festivais europeus – eu gostaria d ter tudo isso gravado para o DVD, e temos toneladas d material dos dois anos passados, é mta coisa. Será um grande trabalho novamente, selecionar, compilar e editar tudo isso, mas seria mto legal. E acho q podemos dizer agora q é hora d lançar um DVD, dps do próximo album. Sim, perto do fim do ano, seria uma boa hora para isso.

Fan Site Oficial: E os projetos a parte: Virgo? Avantasia? Aina? Já tem alguma data?

AM: O unico q sei é o Avantasia; sei q há algumas gravações já acontecendo, provavelmente, e q eles estão escrevendo a coisa toda; acho q tbm será lançado perto do fim do ano...

Fan Site Oficial: Vc participa em qtas musicas?

AM: N sei ainda; só sei q fui convidado pra participar, e realmente depende d como a história vai ser, q tipo d personagem eu vou representar; n acho q serei o mesmo dos dois primeiros albuns... mas é legal, pq Avantasia, especialmente ao vivo, é mto bom, uma atmosfera mto boa, então se tornou tipo um time estável, imutável. Acho q para este album tbm, haverão alguns grandes nomescantando algumas partes ou tocando, mas o time básico continuará o mesmo. Estou feliz d participar no album d novo. Isso tbm significa q ano q vem haverá uma turnê, e foi absolutamente uma turnê mto boa pelo mundo.

Fan Site Oficial: Vc ainda quer trabalhar na continuação do Virgo?

AM: Quero! Mas vc vai ter q perguntar isso pro Sascha... (risos) Diga pra ele q eu quero!... Quero dizer, ambos queremos, sabe, é sempre a mesma coisa, é sempre questão d tempo, pq temos nossos projetos e coisas pessoais. Então realmente precisariamos... d um tempo como agora, entende? Sentar, relaxar... e compor algumas coisas. Virgo deve ser como férias, se é q vc me entende. Em vez d ir a praia ou algo do tipo, vc apenas senta e faz um album. Realmente deve ser mto legal! Eu me lembro qdo o fizemos e foi assim.

Fan Site Oficial: Mtas páginas d fãs apareceram no MySpace, Facebook, etc nestes ultimos meses e o seu fã clube parece crescer cada vez mais rápido; como vc se sente sobre isso?

AM: Parece q estamos fazendo um bom trabalho!... (risos)

Fan Site Oficial: Eu n sou o unico... é só uma tendencia geral.

AM: Vc n é o unico, sejamos justos. Houve pessoas mesmo antes d vc aparecer q já estavam fazendo isso, mas eu realmente aprecio qdo algo é bem feito, feito d forma séria. Eu nunca fui um apreciador d fã-clubes e coisas do tipo, pq normalmente é só uma forma das pessoas alimentarem seus próprios egos; eles pensam q, só pq pertencem a um fã-clube, ou são presidentes d um fã-clube - já tive essa experiencia no passado - eles são d alguma forma mais especiais do q os outros. É um grande risco, de fato. Essa é uma mensagem q deve ser divulgada.

Fan Site Oficial: OK, será divulgada..

AM: Eu quero dizer, n é o seu caso, absolutamente, e n é o caso d outras pessoas q eu conheço, mas isso pode ser algo perigoso. Então, eu realmente gosto qdo é feito d forma séria, qdo vc nota q há uma paixão real pela musica lá, e respeito mto isso. E ninguem deve criticar. Mas os fã-clubes falsos, eu não os suporto, pq qdo vcrealmente precisa da ajuda deles, eles n dão, eles estão lá somente pelas migalhas... é um jeito fácil d se sentir mais importante do q as outras pessoas. Todos os novos fã-clubes q surgiram e pessoas q eu tive a chance d conhecer... eles são mto respeitosos, mto legais. Neste respeito, eu apoio a idéia, e respeito, pq sei q é fruto d boa vontade. Sabe, eu ficaria mto orgulhoso, mto contente, se um dia eu puder ver várias fanpages d todo o mundo, e todas conectadas... eu realmente espero q cresça, e contanto q haja pessoas responsáveis tomando conta, sempre terão meu grande apoio!

Fan Site Oficial: Obrigado...
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitimeMar 26 Jan - 22:02

ANDRE MATOS - "Across My Career I Have Always Tried To Find Motivation To Write Songs"

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW 131062

www.SpazioRock.it has issued an interview with singer ANDRE MATOS (ex-ANGRA/SHAMAN), for the release of his last record, Mentalize. The following is an excerpt from the interview, conducted by Gaetano Loffredo:

Q: I'd like to begin with Mentalize. It seemed more calculated than Time To Be Free and a little bit harder to digest. Did you create it with the same attitude than the previous one or did you feel mentally freer?

A: "Well, when you start composing songs for the new album, you never know what is going to come out. In this very situation, I was with my band mates and we used to compose and write songs together... So, we technically decided not to worry too much about what was coming out. We had this philosophy saying something like 'just do what you're able to do and what comes out in a spontaneous way'. So, I think this album it's somehow more spontaneous and more natural than the first one. I don't mean that the first one it's not that too, it followed the same philosophy, but maybe, due to the fact that it was the first release and it was of my solo band and solo career, of course you become concerned about the result. You want to do your best, you want to put all of your ideas at the same time there. So, I think in some way Mentalize, the follower, it has been constructed more simply, but the atmospheres, the substance of the songs and the ideas are not less intense. Everything is still there. We always believed there must be some kind of development and enhancement from an album to another, and at least the albums are different to each other, but they still keep the same attitude."

Q: Perfect! Now you really feel free, I think.

A: "Yeah, you know, the first album was titled Time To Be Free and that really was the search for self-expression, freedom and liberty, and perhaps this has been confirmed in the second album. I think that's a good point: we can really speak out our minds, we can really compose what's in our souls and that will always come through the music and we will hit people with this message. That's freedom in music, basically, I don't mean you don't care about what people think of your work, but that you don't do anything just to satisfy somebody else's taste. It's also trying to dare and look for new elements and ideas: it has always been very important to me. Across my career I have always tried to find motivation to write songs, not only because I had to release something.

Read the full interview at this location.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW   ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW Icon_minitime

ANDRE MATOS INTERVIEW
Page 1 sur 1