KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -39%
Ordinateur portable ASUS Chromebook Vibe CX34 Flip
Voir le deal
399 €

Duff McKagan ******

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

Duff McKagan ****** Empty
MessageSujet: Duff McKagan ******   Duff McKagan ****** Icon_minitimeSam 26 Déc - 20:39

Why Duff McKagan Left Seattle For Los Angeles

Duff McKagan ****** 129050

Bassist Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVERDuff McKagan ****** Mag-glass_10x10/ex-GUNS N' ROSES) has written the latest installment of his weekly column which appears on the Reverb section of SeattleWeekly.com. An excerpt follows:

In the autumn of 1984, I moved from the familiar comfort of the Seattle punk scene to Los Angeles. Many assume that leaving the oft-stormy weather of the northwest for the more tranquil and sunny Southern California would be a no-brainer. A guy like myself could throw caution to the wind and basically go anywhere I wanted, well, anywhere that my beat-up car could get to, and anywhere that had a music scene that had more infrastructure and less heroin than Seattle did then.

Let me first explain that I did not leave Seattle because there was a lack of talent or originality. Seattle in the early '80s probably had the most diverse and supportive scene in America. If the place where your band rehearsed at got shut-down or was otherwise made unavailable, it was never a problem to find some other band to help out. At a gig, if any piece of some band's equipment broke down, replacement gear was as close as the next band's gear on the bill.

No, I left Seattle because as a result of the early-'80s economic recession in the area, clubs and youth halls were shutting down. The streets of Seattle were dire and empty. My band-mates, roommates and girlfriends all started on the smack. and I lost a new guitar amp that I had worked hard for. I was working, paying rent, doing weekend tours, and coming back to theft from friends at home. So I left the city I love for a city I knew no one in or nothing about.

Read more here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Duff McKagan ******
Page 1 sur 1