KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

GENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

GENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears Empty
MessageSujet: GENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears   GENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears Icon_minitimeJeu 1 Oct - 18:13

Rock Hard

GENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears 122906

Gary Graff from Billboard.com is reporting:

GENESIS keyboardist Tony Banks isn't taking his tuxedo to the dry cleaner yet. But he's hoping that the British prog rockers, who are on the Rock and Roll Hall of FameGENESIS Preps Live Collections As Hall Of Fame Vote Nears Mag-glass_10x10 ballot for the first time, wind up collecting trophies at the March 15 induction ceremony in New York City.

"It'll be great if it does happen," Banks tells Billboard.com, "but I can't really tell whether we're going to be one of the ones that goes there. It would be good to happen, I think. It would be nice."

A Genesis induction would, of course, create the potential for a reunion of the Peter Gabriel-fronted 1970-75 lineup, with Phil Collins on drums, that's been rumored for the past five years. Collins recently announced he has a back condition from years of wear and tear that prohibits him from drumming and could complicate such a performance, but Banks says "we'll face that particular hurdle when we get to it." It does, however, render any other future Genesis reunion "a long shot," according to the keyboardist. "I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it."

While the Hall of Fame announcement looms, Genesis is giving fans plenty to tuck into. A new 10-disc box set, Genesis Live 1973-2007, comes out Sept. 29 featuring four of the group's five concert sets, an open slot for "Live Over Europe 2007," unreleased material from 1973 and 1975, and video footage, all remastered.

Banks, who's been active in compiling Genesis' series of box sets since 2007, says he "wasn't so sure about doing the live stuff" in this fashion but is happy with the result. "I think it's fun to hear the (music) in different versions for fans who like the stuff, anyhow," he explains. "As a first introduction to Genesis I think the studio albums are definitely better, but it's quite interesting to hear how we did these very complex pieces live. They take on a bit more fluency, I think."

Read more here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Page 1 sur 1