KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -40%
Tefal Ingenio Emotion – Batterie de cuisine 10 ...
Voir le deal
59.99 €

MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”  Empty
MessageSujet: MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”    MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”  Icon_minitimeDim 25 Juil - 21:48

MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”

MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx On New SIXX:A.M. Album - “It's Very Positive—But From A Serial Killer's Point Of View”  143251

ARTISTdirect.com editor Rick Florino recently conducted an interview with MOTLEY CRUE’s Nikki Sixx. In the interview Sixx talks about his radio show The Side Show, the new SIXX:A.M. album, Ozzfest, and more. Excerpts from the interview are below.

ARTISTdirect.com: What do you look for in artists that you play on Side Show?

Nikki Sixx: “I love finding unique and different bands. That's what will typically resonate with me. They don't fit in with formula. Formula's fine, by the way. You can use formula too. But, it's just how do you do it so you're unique? That's what I'm looking for—something that just jumps out at me. A lot of times, it could possibly be stuff that makes people ask, "Why the fuck would Nikki listen to that?" However, if it's good and the artist is honest, it may not be something that I might listen to but it might be something that jumps out at me and I think needs to be exposed.”

ARTISTdirect.com: Where are you at with the new Sixx A.M. record?

Nikki Sixx: “The record's just about finished. It's pretty magical! The thing about Sixx A.M. is we've set ourselves up for failure by saying that we don't tour. We had never even intended to do videos. We've been pushed into things like touring out of demand, which is a nice feeling. It's not like, "We're going to write songs. We're going to form a band. We're going to get a logo. We're going to go on tour. We're going to release a record." I do that in Mötley Crüe, and I love that. I've done it in other bands. To do a project that's set up to not do any of that stuff is really exciting. We write some music, and we don't even know if we'll record it. We record it, but we don't know if we're going to release it. Now, we know we're going to release the music, but we don't know anything more than that. I know there's a band, an album and I don't know what'll come after that [Laughs]. It's kind of exciting! It seems like uncharted territory.”

ARTISTdirect.com: If you were to compare this new Sixx:A.M. record to a movie or combination of movies, what would you compare it to?

Sixx: “It's very positive - but from a serial killer's point of view (Laughs). That's really all I can say. That probably won't even make sense to anybody, and that's okay too.”

ARTISTdirect.com: Is there any chance we'll see another book from you?

Sixx: “I'm working on a book right now. It's 99 percent finished. The Heroin Diaries was really a year in my life, and it showed my addiction and recovery. If you to peel the onion and go deeper to the core, you've got to go back to when I was six- or seven-years-old. You have to go back to what happened to me as a child and how I got from that point to being a teenager, then from being a teen to starting Mötley Crüe and becoming an addict. Then recovery…we know that story, but what we don't know is what happened when I was so young and how that, going through my brain, was filtered out into all of these different artistic things I do. I'm a photographer. All of my photography is based around a lot of what happened when I was much younger. A lot of what I do in Motley Crue is based around that too, but people don't know what that is. By reading the book, you're going to start when I was a kid. It's exciting for me because the book has about 150 of my photographs in it as well, so you start to see the tie-in between who I was as a kid, who I am as an adult and then what happened in that journey and how this fucked-up brain of mine works. You see why it works the way it does, why I'm so positive in my life and why all of that positivity turns into successful things that I do. Everyone I'm around is successful because I don't lose at anything I do, and it all goes back to the beginning."

To read the full interview go here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Page 1 sur 1