KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
WHIRLPOOL OWFC3C26X – Lave-vaisselle pose libre 14 couverts – ...
339 € 622 €
Voir le deal

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Empty
MessageSujet: DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -   DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Icon_minitimeVen 24 Avr - 9:48

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - "...Their Bums Were All Moving With The Record; I Thought, 'Mission Accomplished'"

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - 111979

DEEP PURPLE vocalist Ian Gillan is featured in a new interview with Classic Rock Revisited founder Jeb Wright. An excerpt is available below, discussing Gillan's new solo album One Eye On Morocco.

Jeb: To play the devil’s advocate, is One Eye to Morocco a way for you to play it safe, musically?

Ian: "No, it is a different thing. I equate Purple to a rhythm and blues jazz combo, whereas this is a collection of songs. I was doing a photograph session in Milan for this record. The record company came down to this beautiful villa. We had a fashion photographer and his entourage. My personal assistant was there, and there was a girl to do the hair, and a girl to do the translation; there were a lot of people there. The boss of the label was even there. Somebody put the record on, quietly. I was trying to do my work and something kept catching me out of the corner of my eye. It was the girls. I couldn’t hear what they were saying but their bums were all moving with the record. I thought, 'Mission accomplished.'

This is really what used to be called a pop record; it is really just a bunch of singles. I think the discipline in the studio is entirely different. It is not a cop out or a safe move or anything like that. The discipline is quite difficult. You have to look at the individual performances as well as the song. Your painting pictures with music. I had so much fun with the lyrics because the mood was set by the title track. You can’t skate too far away or people’s bums will stop moving. I like the idea that people may not be really listening to the record but they still feel it. That gave me great pleasure."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -   DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Icon_minitimeSam 2 Mai - 15:27

IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - "I Had No Plans To Do This"

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - 112606

DEEP PURPLE vocalist Ian Gillan is featured in a new interview with Metal Express Radio's Mick Burgess. An excerpt is available below.

Q: One Eye To Morocco is your first solo album of all new material in over 10 years. Why has it taken so long to write the follow up to Dreamcatcher?

Gilland: "I had no plans to do this but sadly Roger Glover's Mum became very ill and died last year so we cancelled a couple of tours so he could be with her. I took myself off to Buffalo in New York to rehearse with some session musicians who were friends of mine out there. We spent a week rehearsing and went up to Canada to record all of the tracks and guide vocals in three days. Basically there was an opportunity to make the album due to the unfortunate break in our schedule otherwise it would have taken another 10 years to come out."

Q: Recording the bulk of the album in three days is a pretty quick process when you consider it can take some bands 5 years to record an album these days?

Gillan: "Well, Deep Purple’s spontaneity is usually around five weeks but that’s a different process as we go in and start from scratch with nothing. With this, we went in with the songs already written. It was just a question of handing it over to the producer."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -   DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Juin - 16:55

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Eaglerock_gillan_splash
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -   DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album - Icon_minitime

DEEP PURPLE Vocalist IAN GILLAN On New Solo Album -
Page 1 sur 1