KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

RONNIE JAMES DIO -

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

RONNIE JAMES DIO - Empty
MessageSujet: RONNIE JAMES DIO -   RONNIE JAMES DIO - Icon_minitimeSam 16 Jan - 20:21

RONNIE JAMES DIO - Undergoes Third Chemo Treatment

RONNIE JAMES DIO - 130155

In November, legendary metal singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, ex-BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW) was diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. His wife Wendy has issued the following update:

"After a few hiccups between Christmas and New Year’s, such as a blood clot, a trip to the emergency room, and a three day stay at the hospital, we had a quiet holiday spent with family and close friends. Ronnie and I just returned from Houston, where Ronnie had his third chemo treatment, and all seems to be going well. Ronnie and Simon Wright went to see Avatar, which he thought was amazing! He has also been writing more chapters for his book.

While at M.D. Anderson Cancer Centre on his second trip, he met a Dio fan named Carmen who has been having treatment every other day for a year, and is eagerly awaiting a bone marrow transplant. Ronnie and Carmen have become fast friends. Carmen is a very positive happy person whose existence, like Ronnie’s, depends heavily on music and sports. On the third trip, we also met his mom and sister, whose total support is so important to all cancer patients. They have become part of our family as well.

The support we get from all of our friends and fans is such a blessing to Ronnie and I. Ronnie, Geezer, Tony and Vinny will be doing some interviews in the upcoming weeks to be included in the new 30th anniversary Heaven And Hell DVD due out sometime this year.

We would like to thank Simon Wright, who has been such a help with everything and a good, good friend, of course our doctor at MD Anderson, Dr. Ajani, and especially our family doctor, Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, without whose quick diagnosis and help with all the nurses and hospitals, we would be lost. His care and compassion is unwavering.

Thanks again to all of Ronnie’s friends and fans, and - by the way - Ronnie has not lost any hair yet!"
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

RONNIE JAMES DIO - Empty
MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO -   RONNIE JAMES DIO - Icon_minitimeMar 30 Mar - 17:30

RONNIE JAMES DIO Treated For Cancer In Houston - "I'm Gonna Beat This"

RONNIE JAMES DIO - 135646

KIAH-TV Houston has issued the following report from Steve Simon:

He's been called the "Grand Wizard Of Classic Rock" and a heavy metal icon, but for the past few months 67-year-old RONNIE JAMES DIO has been known as a cancer patient.

"Why come to Houston? It's the best hospital", Dio said as he got ready for a round of chemotherapy at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center Monday.

Dio has been going to M.D. Anderson since late last year when he was diagnosed with stomach cancer.

"I've been poked and prodded in holes I never had before," Dio said.

Dio is soft-spoken and relaxed during treatment, it's a different persona then most people are used to seeing. He's been the front-man for groups like BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW and currently he's the lead vocalist for DIO. He made the "devil's horn" hand gesture part of the heavy metal culture.

Those hands now get support from wife Wendy, nurses and doctors. Dio first noticed symptoms after Halloween. He felt chest-pain and indigestion that eventually led to the cancer diagnosis. Dio now comes to Houston every two weeks for treatment.

"I'm lucky that I'm a hard person in terms of my beliefs," said Dio.

Dio then has a direct message for the tumor in his stomach: "Cancer, I'll kick the hell out of you."

Read more at this location.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

RONNIE JAMES DIO -
Page 1 sur 1