KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon : la prochaine extension ...
Voir le deal

wednesday 13

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

wednesday 13 Empty
MessageSujet: wednesday 13   wednesday 13 Icon_minitimeLun 11 Mai - 12:10

WEDNESDAY 13 - "If A Live Record Sounds Too Good To Be True, It Usually Is"

wednesday 13 T113267 WEDNESDAY 13 is featured in a new interview with UK-based www.KomodoRock.com. An excerpt is available below.

Q: You've released your first live CD/DVD, Fuck It, We'll Do It Live last year. What deciding factors go into the venue / show that will be used to record a live album?

Wednesday 13: "The reason we did that is there is a place that we played in Pennsylvania, I don't know what it is about that place but every time we played there, we would have the biggest crowd of the whole tour. You would think that it would be New York or Los Angeles, the bigger cities, or Cleveland but we always had a huge crowd there and the promoter was a really good friend and he had a video camera so could do it really cheap. We knew it was going to be a big show so we just said let's just do it there. The thing that sucked about it was the whole band was sick. I had just gotten over being sick and my voice was half and half so I hate listening to that album because I think I sound like shit on it. But we had to do it, we couldn't say no as it was already being recorded. That's why we called it Fuck It, We'll Do It Live (laughs)."

Q: Sticking on the subject of live albums, technically, how much of a live recording can be used before overdubbing needs to be done?

Wednesday 13: "We didn't touch a fucking thing on it."

Q: That's always been my biggest issue with live recordings – how much of a live recording is actually live?

Wednesday 13: "Yeah I know what you're saying. My favourite record of all time is KISS Alive 2 and then I found out that it's not a live record because it's been so over dubbed. I still like it but I'm not a fan of live records. If a live record sounds too good to be true, it usually is."

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

wednesday 13
Page 1 sur 1