KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-45%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC Portable LG Gram 17″ Intel Evo Core i7 32 Go /1 To
1099.99 € 1999.99 €
Voir le deal

JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Empty
MessageSujet: JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available   JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Icon_minitimeJeu 7 Avr - 15:45

JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available T159622Classic RockJEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Mag-glass_10x10 Revisited has posted a review of guitar legend JEFF BECK's April 4th Rock ‘n’ Roll Party with IMELDA MAY and her rockabilly band at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie, TX. An excerpt is available below:

"Although Beck had played Gibson Les Paul guitars in the '60s and early '70s, his primary instrument became the Fender Stratocaster, and when he put this lighter weight instrument with its familiar whammy bar around his neck you could tell that he felt more comfortable playing. This translated into the most out of control (and most Beck-like) version of 'The Theme From Peter Gunn' complete with a wailing horn section. May’s band quickly jumped from the 50s into Beck’s now. The steely tones of the Stratocaster also fit well with the stately 'Apache' (done by THE SHADOWS and THE VENTURES) and the immortal, haunting Santo & Johnny instrumental 'Sleep Walk' in which Beck played amazing slide and used the volume knobs to produce voice-like cries."

Click here for the complete review.

The setlist on the night was as follows:

'Baby Let's Play House'
'Double Talking Baby'
'Cruising'
'Train Kept A-Rollin''
'Poor Boy Blues'
'Cry Me A River'
'My Baby Left Me/That's Alright'
'How High The Moon'
'Sitting On Top Of The World'
'Bye Bye Blues'
'The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise'
'Vaya con Dios'
'Mockin' Bird Hill'
'Tiger Rag'
'The Theme From Peter Gunn'
'Rocking Is Our Business'
'Apache'
'Sleep Walk'
'Please Mr. Jailer'
'I'll Go Crazy'
'Castin' My Spell
(On You)'
'The Girl Can't Help It'
'Rock Around the Clock'

EncoreJEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Mag-glass_10x10:
'Remember' ('Walking in the Sand' / 'Hound Dog' / 'Up Above My Head' / 'Danny Boy')

As previously reported, Beck - who recently picked up three Grammys for best rock and pop instrumentals and best pop collaboration for his Emotion & Commotion album - has released Rock 'n' RollJEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Mag-glass_10x10 Party Honoring Les Paul, a CD and DVD of last summer's rockabilly gig at New York's Iridium Jazz Club.

And now comes word that, despite old frictions, Beck has recorded songs that may reunite him with ROD STEWART, who handled vocals in THE JEFF BECK GROUP for its seminal albums Truth (1968) and Beck-Ola (1969).

"I cut some tracks and sent them to Rod, and I'm still waiting for a response," Beck tells USAToday.com. "Some are originals, and we've got great covers, too. It's sort of Chapter 2 of Beck-Ola. So yeah, ball's in your court, matey."

JEFF BECK - Review And Setlist From Grand Prairie, Texas Show Available Beck-OlaE280931969
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Page 1 sur 1