KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

Michael Monroe

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeSam 29 Mai - 22:17

Back in the Nu Yawk groove
Hey, hey, whaddaya say!
Back home now. I must say it was great to be "back in the New York groove" for a couple of weeks. I just love that city, no matter how much it has changed over the years.
I think we made a bit of a splash over there, we certainly had some good times.

Playing at the John Varvatos store (ex-CBGB's) was pretty special and fun.
Quite a few friends showed up, like Debbie Harry, Mick Rock, Arturo Vega, Bobby Steele, etc., lots of nice people I hadn't seen for a long time.
The show was cool, we played about 45 minutes and added "Kick Out The Jams" to the encore for Mr. Varvatos, as he's a Detroit guy, very much into the MC5.
The place still has a certain vibe, due to its history, that will probably never go away. Apart from the Ramones, I was especially feeling the Stiv Bators/Dead Boys vibe.
Some of Stiv's ashes were scattered on the CBGB's stage (as his wish) and he used to do some wild shows there back in the days, bleeding amongst other things.
Funnily enough, I managed to split my head open on the monitor above me (about the third time I hit it), so I did some bleeding of my own - in the spirit of Stiv Bators and Iggy Pop.

The Highline Ballroom gig was nice too and we had a pretty good turn out, considering it was Sunday and Mother's Day. It's a great venue with a nice size stage and all.
We got together with the band almost daily and came up with some really cool material. In other words, we're moving right along in the right direction.
I did a couple of interviews, like Eddie Trunk's radio show and Red Eye w/Greg Gutfield on the Fox News Channel with Ginger.

I walked around my old neighbourhood on East 3rd street and other places with tons of memories coming back. I really did enjoy living there for all those 10 years or so.
I went to meet Little Steven a couple of times at a studio where he was producing a Danish band called The Breakers. Once again, we talked about how the Demolition 23 album has to be re-released.
Maybe this time it'll actually happen, now that we're out there playing those songs live and stuff. Steven's just so busy all the time. Let's hope we can get it together soon. I'm trying my best.

As I said, I still love New York and it was a great visit. Thanks to everyone who came to the shows, the audiences were great and we really had a blast. See you next time!

Thank goodness, summer is finally here. Let's all enjoy it!

Love, peace and sunshine,

*Michael*
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeDim 20 Juin - 21:28

Summer Greetings!
First of all, I want say a big Thank You for all your lovely Birthday wishes and greetings! It's ever so sweet and kind of you and it does mean a lot to me!
So what am I now...48 years wiser?.. i'd like to think so...more experienced...actually just a day older than the day before...
Well, 2 years away from being 50...should I worry about that..? Certainly not! In about 10 or 20 years I'll be looking back at this time, thinking how great it was being this young.
Besides, these are, in a lot of ways, some of the best years of my life, so I'd be foolish not to savour them. I'll just try my best to make the most of every moment.

The "Festival Summer" has gotten off to a pretty good start.
At least we have been lucky with the weather at our gigs so far (knock on wood).
We did our first Festival show on June 5th in Helsinki, at the "Helsinki Live, One Day Festival", as one of the opening acts for Guns N' Roses.
None of the other bands were willing to play the first slot, so we figured what the hell, we'll do it. The day doesn't get that much darker over here anyway this time of year and it sure was a nice way to spend the afternoon.
I was happy to see that a nice amount of people had showed up for us so early in the day.
The Guns guitarist, Richard Fortus is a good friend as well as Dizzy Reed and the drummer Frank Ferrer, so we had a nice time hanging with them the night before and the day of the show.
In fact, one of our new songs, "Another Night In The Sun" was co-written with Richard Fortus - therefore I dedicated that song to Richard when we played it.

I'd never seen Skunk Anansie before and I must say I was pretty impressed. Cool stuff...

It was nice to see Danko Jones again too, he's such a nice, cool guy. Last time I ran into him was in Austin at SXSW at Lemmy's movie premiere.
He was telling me how impressed he had been with me a couple of years ago at a Festival in Spain. I was walking with crutches because of a badly torn ligament in my left ankle, but it didn't stop me from going all out for it, when I did my show. Surely doing that and many other gigs around that time didn't help the recovery process, and once you've torn a ligament it's always gonna be a bit loose and a likely reoccuring nuisance.

Speaking of which, funnily enough, my left ankle did feel a bit "funny" after the show in Helsinki, but I thought nothing of it. I do remember twisting it at one point of the show, because of the new shoes I was wearing, but due to my adrenalin level, I never notice these things until hours later. Before going to bed that night, I noticed that the ankle was a bit swollen and sore. So much so, that I decided to have a doctor take a look at it the next day. Sure enough, it was the old ligament again. Not as bad as it was the first time, 2 years ago, but bad enough for me to have a plastic support bandage on it and having to walk with a crutch. I was also prescribed some anti-inflammatory painkillers and the doctor ordered me to rest the leg and keep an icepack on it as often as possible. This felt like a very frustrating setback, especially with the Sweden Rock and Download gigs coming up in the following few days.
During the days in between we worked on new songs together with the band and came up with some great stuff again.

Sweden Rock turned out to be cool and fun. During the day, before the show, we did a few interviews and a photo shoot plus a "meet & greet" session with the fans, which was nice.
I wrapped up my injured ankle very tightly with 2 support bandages on top of each other and tied up my moccasin over it, so that it could not be twisted, even if I tried.
As a pleasant surprise I found that doing the show wasn't as hard and painful as I had expected. Much delighted by this and by the great audience we had, I did an extra energetic show. Thanks again to the crowd - you truly rocked! Maybe I was overcompensating because of the ankle, since according to the guys, I was actually moving more than I normally do on stage. So, maybe I should hurt my ankle more often then...(ha,ha).
The band was really on fire too and we all felt great about the show afterwards. I was very relieved, knowing that I could do the show without my ankle being too much of a handicap.
Of course I try my best to be careful not to hurt it more and possibly make it even worse...but...let's face it, I just can't stop myself once I'm up there doing it.

Oh, one of my best friends and favorite persons in the world, Kory Clarke (Warrior Soul) was at Sweden Rock too, doing an acoustic gig, and of course we had a blast hanging out 'til late at night afterwards. I just love that guy!

So, off to the U.K. for Download.
This was interesting because I, for one, had never been there before. I'd only heard stories over the years about Donington "Monsters Of Rock" etc., but never had I played there, until now.
Our Finnish friends HIM were at the same backstage area with us and it was nice to see Ville and the fellas, plus of course the legendary Seppo Vesterinen, their manager, who was the manager for the original Hanoi Rocks.
He's a great guy and always fun to hang and talk with. We did go thru a lot back in the days...
Oh, I did spot Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath guitarist) there and I had to go and say hello. After all, it was watching Black Sabbath "Live In Paris" on our black & white TV back in 1970, that made me wanna become a singer when I was about 8 years old.

There were a few hours worth of interviews and then the show.
Considering that we were up against "Rage Against The Machine" on the mainstage and "30 Seconds To Mars", I think we did well. We had a nice crowd and they seemed very much into it.
As a special treat, I invited Ginger's son Jake (9 years old) to play the tambourine on Dead, Jail Or Rock'n'Roll, and no doubt he stole the show.
My ankle held up ok and I managed not to hurt myself any more this time.
Once again, Thanks to the great crowd and the fans - we absolutely love you!

So now...a couple of weeks chance to rest up and recover, then off to Sweden for "Peace & Love" on July 3rd and then good old "Ruisrock" in my hometown Turku on the 10th.

I wish you all the greatest of summers and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the shows.

Other than that...it's great to be 48!!!

Love, Peace & Rock'n'Roll,

*Michael*

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeDim 1 Aoû - 14:00

Another night in the sun
Hey there!

Hope you've all had a nice summer so far. It's certainly been nice and hot in Finland with a record breaking heatwave. I love it!

The gigs have been good and our songwriting is moving along pretty nicely.

We did the Peace & Love Festival in Sweden on July 3rd, and our dear friend Nasty Suicide came along and of course jammed with us too. That was great fun, as always with Nasty. We all love him dearly.
Before driving to Borlänge for the festival, me, Sami and Nasty actually stopped by at THE Cafe Avenue in Stockholm (on Kungsgatan) to reminisce the early Hanoi days when we were living homeless there in the streets.
Cafe Avenue was one of our regular hangouts.

After Sweden we took the ferry over to Helsinki.
There we did a special show for people from our Fan Club and Street Teams, plus some friends we invited, at the Tavastia Club on July 6th, and actually recorded a live album.
We decided that we wanted to capture our current live set on record - something to hold the fans over until our actual studio album will be released early next year.
Apart from my solo stuff and Demolition 23, etc., we're also including live versions of two of our new songs; "You're Next" and "Motorheaded For A Fall".

As the case often is with live recordings, you always feel like the one you recorded is not the best show. Of course the next couple of shows we did after that one, we performed some of the songs better, or at least we felt like we did... But anyway - no excuses; it is what it is and will probably end up sounding great with all its clunks and flaws, once it's mixed and finished. Obviously we're not doing any overdubs, so you'll have a very raw "rough and ready-or-not" live recording of another rockin' night in the sun in the beautiful Finnish summer. The album will be released at the end of September. I'm sure you all will appreciate it!

The rest of the week we spent in Turku, doing a few days of songwriting, which was very productive.
Then there was the 40th anniversary of Turku's legendary Ruisrock Festival. We played there on Saturday night (July 10th) and I thought it was a good show. Maybe a bit hectic, but good and energetic.

The next and final day of Ruisrock (Sunday), I was excited to go and see Slash and his new band. It was really great to hook up and hang out with Slash, since I haven't seen him for a long time in person. He is such a super nice guy and an absolutely fantastic guitar player! He's just got it all. I think his new record is great, my favorites are Iggy's "We're All Gonna Die" and Lemmy's "Doctor Alibi". There's something for everyone on that record and I thought it was a smart idea to use all the different lead singers. I really enjoyed his show and thought the band played great. Myles Kennedy did a very good job singing the GN'R and Velvet Revolver songs as well as the new stuff.
Slash invited me up to sing a couple of songs with him and I was happy when he suggested we do Iggy's "We're All Gonna Die" from his record, as that was already one of my faves. As the second song we decided to do Hanoi's version of "Up Around The Bend", as we thought that would be a nice extra treat for the fans. Sure enough, we had a blast together on stage and the crowd loved it too! It was a great pleasure and a privilege to jam with him and his band and I hope we can do it again soon.

The weekend after that we played at Tammerfest in Tampere and at Simerock in Rovaniemi. Both of them were great shows, that we all really enjoyed.

On July 23rd I went to see one of my heroes, John Fogerty play at the Pori Jazz Festival in the city of Pori. His drummer, Kenny Aronoff is a good friend of mine and one of the absolute best drummers in the world! The show was fantastic, as expected, and I had a great time hanging with Kenny and the rest of the band. There I also met the President Of Finland, Tarja Halonen, who is a John Fogerty fan as well. She's a very cool person and the hippest Finnish President ever. I'm proud of the fact that we have a female President, who does such a great job.

The following day I played a special acoustic show at the "Old Texas" Club in Kaarina, about 20 minutes drive outside Turku. Just me, an acoustic guitar and a little blues harp.
It was a bit "low profile", as it was a kind of an experiment for me. I don't usually do actual acoustic solo gigs. I've only done a short set at a couple of private gatherings over the past year, or so.
Happily, this turned out to be quite a pleasant, fun experience and people really liked it too. So much so, that I ended up playing over two hours. I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime...
Of course I still love doing the electric shows with my band the best, but it was nice to do this kind of a thing for a change too.

So, this week we're off to Japan for the Summer Sonic Festival in Osaka and Tokyo. I can hardly wait, it's gonna be great to finally present this band live to the wonderful Japanese people!

All the best, love, joy and sunshine!

*Michael Monroe*

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeDim 1 Aoû - 21:47

MICHAEL MONROE Gearing Up To Release "Rough And Ready-Or-Not" Live Album

Michael Monroe 143735

Former HANOI ROCKS singer MICHAEL MONROE checks in with the following blog:

"Hope you've all had a nice summer so far. It's certainly been nice and hot in Finland with a record breaking heat-wave. I love it!

The gigs have been good and our song-writing is moving along pretty nicely.

We did the Peace & Love FestivalMichael Monroe Mag-glass_10x10 in Sweden on July 3rd, and our dear friend Nasty Suicide (ex-Hanoi Rocks rhythm guitarist) came along and of course jammed with us too. That was great fun, as always with Nasty. We all love him dearly. Before driving to Borlänge for the festival, me, Sami (Yaffa; ex-Hanoi Rocks bassist) and Nasty actually stopped by at THE Cafe Avenue in Stockholm (on Kungsgatan) to reminisce the early Hanoi days when we were living homeless there in the streets. Cafe Avenue was one of our regular hangouts.

After Sweden we took the ferry over to Helsinki. There we did a special show for people from our Fan Club and Street Teams, plus some friends we invited, at the Tavastia Club on July 6th, and actually recorded a live album. We decided that we wanted to capture our current live set on record - something to hold the fans over until our actual studio album will be released early next year. Apart from my solo stuff and Demolition 23, etc., we're also including live versions of two of our new songs; 'You're Next' and 'Motorheaded For A Fall'.

As the case often is with live recordings, you always feel like the one you recorded is not the best show. Of course the next couple of shows we did after that one, we performed some of the songs better, or at least we felt like we did... But anyway - no excuses; it is what it is and will probably end up sounding great with all its clunks and flaws, once it's mixed and finished. Obviously we're not doing any overdubs, so you'll have a very raw "rough and ready-or-not" live recording of another rockin' night in the sun in the beautiful Finnish summer. The album will be released at the end of September. I'm sure you all will appreciate it!

The rest of the week we spent in Turku, doing a few days of song-writing, which was very productive. Then there was the 40th anniversary of Turku's legendary Ruisrock Festival. We played there on Saturday night (July 10th) and I thought it was a good show. Maybe a bit hectic, but good and energetic.

The next and final day of Ruisrock (Sunday), I was excited to go and see SLASH (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and his new band. It was really great to hook up and hang out with Slash, since I haven't seen him for a long time in person. He is such a super nice guy and an absolutely fantastic guitar player! He's just got it all. I think his new record is great, my favorites are Iggy's 'We're All Gonna Die' and Lemmy's 'Doctor Alibi'. There's something for everyone on that record and I thought it was a smart idea to use all the different lead singers. I really enjoyed his show and thought the band played great. Myles Kennedy did a very good job singing the GN'R and Velvet Revolver songs as well as the new stuff. Slash invited me up to sing a couple of songs with him and I was happy when he suggested we do Iggy's 'We're All Gonna Die' from his record, as that was already one of my faves. As the second song we decided to do Hanoi's version of 'Up Around The Bend', as we thought that would be a nice extra treat for the fans. Sure enough, we had a blast together on stage and the crowd loved it too! It was a great pleasure and a privilege to jam with him and his band and I hope we can do it again soon.

The weekend after that we played at Tammerfest in Tampere and at Simerock in Rovaniemi. Both of them were great shows, that we all really enjoyed.

On July 23rd I went to see one of my heroes, JOHN FOGERTY play at the Pori Jazz Festival in the city of Pori. His drummer, Kenny Aronoff is a good friend of mine and one of the absolute best drummers in the world! The show was fantastic, as expected, and I had a great time hanging with Kenny and the rest of the band. There I also met the President Of Finland, Tarja Halonen, who is a John Fogerty fan as well. She's a very cool person and the hippest Finnish President ever. I'm proud of the fact that we have a female President, who does such a great job.

The following day I played a special acoustic show at the "Old TexasMichael Monroe Mag-glass_10x10" Club in Kaarina, about 20 minutes drive outside Turku. Just me, an acoustic guitar and a little blues harp. It was a bit "low profile", as it was a kind of an experiment for me. I don't usually do actual acoustic solo gigs. I've only done a short set at a couple of private gatherings over the past year, or so. Happily, this turned out to be quite a pleasant, fun experience and people really liked it too. So much so, that I ended up playing over two hours. I wouldn't mind doing it again sometime... Of course I still love doing the electric shows with my band the best, but it was nice to do this kind of a thing for a change too.

So, this week we're off to Japan for the Summer Sonic Festival in Osaka and Tokyo. I can hardly wait, it's gonna be great to finally present this band live to the wonderful Japanese people!"

Monroe's live album, Another Night In The Sun, will be released in EuropeMichael Monroe Mag-glass_10x10 and Japan on September 22nd. The album will be mixed and mastered by Niko Bolas in LA, who has worked with NEIL YOUNG, FRANK SINATRA, KEITH RICHARDS, KISS and SPINAL TAP to name a few.

(Photo by Ville Akseli)
bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeJeu 12 Aoû - 21:18

NASTY SUICIDE TO SUBSTITUTE MICHAEL MONROE'S GUITARIST IN ANKKAROCK
A very special show will take place this Sunday as legendary Hanoi Rocks guitarist Nasty Suicide takes the stage with Michael Monroe in Ankkarock. Steve Conte, Michael's regular guitarist, has had to cancel the show due to urgent family matters.

Frontman Michael Monroe comments on the upcoming show:

“Unfortunately Steve Conte had to fly home due to family reasons and so he cannot perform with us at Ankkarock. Luckily our dear friend Nasty agreed to get on stage with us. We are very grateful to Nasty and are looking forward to performing with him. It has been 15 years since me, Sami and Nasty last played a whole set together.”

Last weekend Michael Monroe performed at Summersonic, the biggest festival in Japan. The first night the band stirred up the audience in Osaka, after which Michael featured during Slash's set. During the wild performance Michael Monroe broke two of his rib bones, but it did not prevent him from performing to tens of thousands of fans the next day in Tokyo.

"During the one song I performed with Slash, I fell down while running to greet the fans and managed to hit a metal pipe in the fence. I broke a few ribs but, however, performed with my own band the next day in Tokyo and will definitely play a full show in Ankkarock."

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeMer 1 Sep - 22:07

Hi ya!
So the beautiful summer has come to an end, at least here in Finland.
That's ok, it was a really nice one and I do love the fall as well.

The 2 Japanese Summer Sonic Festival gigs went great and we had a really good time in Japan as expected.
However, as most of you probably know, a little injury occurred during my guest appearance with Slash in Osaka. I sang one song with him, "We're All Gonna Die". During the guitar solo I ran along the aisle all the way to the mixing board, which I had already done a couple of times during my own show, but this time on my way back I slipped and fell, hitting my back on the metal barricade breaking 2 ribs.
I've never had a broken a rib before, so I didn't know how it would feel. I just figured I had banged my back up real hard, so I just kept putting ice on it, but realized that I could only sleep laying on my back due to the pain.
The next day we took the Bullet Train straight to the festival in Tokyo, where I had interviews and stuff to do up until our showtime. This show was very important and I did the best I could despite the pain. After the show my level of physical discomfort told me it's time to see the doctor. I went to the local hospital for exams and to have an x-ray taken. And sure enough, 2 ribs were not only fractured...but actually broken. In a way I'm glad I didn't know this before the gig, since the knowledge of this might have slowed me down a bit. Anyway, everyone said the Tokyo show was even better than our great show in Osaka, so I must've succeeded in pulling it off pretty good.

After we got back to Finland, we spent the following week writing and recording demos at the Seawolf Studios on the Suomenlinna island, about a 15 minute ferry ride from the Helsinki harbour. We chose about 16 out of over 20 songs we had written for the record. The newest stuff sounds especially great, and we now have a pretty clear picture of what our new studio album will sound like. We sent the demos to our producer, the legendary Jack Douglas, who also loved the material and can't wait to start digging into it with us. Needless to say, we're all really excited about the recording sessions. We're flying to LA this Sunday to get started and will record through September.

Our Ankkarock show on August 15th turned out pretty cool, against most odds. Apart from my broken ribs, we had another obstacle to overcome - Steve Conte's wife had a serious medical emergency and Steve absolutely needed to be there for her and their kid. So, naturally the first guy we thought of to stand in for Steve was none other than our dear friend Nasty Suicide. Luckily, Nasty was able and willing to do this and it actually turned out to be quite an event, especially since me, Sami and Nasty had not played an entire show together on stage for about 15 years. It was a lot of fun for everyone. Ginger was excited too, saying that this is probably the closest he'll get to playing a show with almost all the original members of Hanoi Rocks. We had 2 rehearsals at the end of 2 of our demo session days and we were ready to rock! Nasty handled it like the pro that he is. Ginger did a fantastic job too, covering a lot of Steve's lead parts etc. as well as his own. I did my best with the broken ribs, trying hard not to cause any further damage.
Of course it was frustrating to me, having to be so careful on stage, as it limited my performance quite a bit from my usual "reckless wildness", but people seemed to enjoy it all the same. I'm glad we were also able to play a little longer than our usual festival set, to make up for it. I want to thank all of you in the audience for being so supportive and understanding.

On Friday, the 20th I played a little acoustic gig at the "Rock'n'Roll Bar" in Lohja, which was cool and fun. The place was packed with a lot of nice people and I actually dig doing that sort of thing once in a while for a change.
Next time I'll try to make sure my acoustic show will be a bit more publicized, so that more of you may attend, if possible. So far I've been a little apprehensive about doing them, but they've gone pretty well and people seem to enjoy themselves so why not, right?

At this stage I finally got to rest my weary broken bones at home. It's still gonna be a while 'til I'm completely healed, but I'm well on the way to recovery and already looking forward to our up and coming shows later this fall.

And I can't wait to start working on our new album with the band and Jack Douglas - it's definitely gonna be a killer!!

In the meantime, enjoy our new live album "Another Night In The Sun" coming out at the end of September!

Love & Peace,

*Michael*

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeLun 13 Sep - 22:57

Rock legend Michael Monroe signs international recording deal with Universal Music
MICHAEL MONROE, iconic rock‘n’roll frontman and founding member of hugely influential Finnish outfit Hanoi Rocks,has entered into a recording agreement with Universal Music. The first fruits of this international deal will be a brand new live album, ‘Another Night In The Sun/Live In Helsinki’, set for release on September 27th 2010. This 15-track outing will be made available through Universal subsidiary, Spinefarm Records.

Says Jarkko Nordlund, Managing Director, Universal Music Finland “Michael Monroe is a true international rock star, and Universal Music’s international network is extremely proud to be working with him. Spinefarm Records is the best home for this rock‘n’roll legend, as both label and artist share the same degree of professionalism and passion.”

Mixed in LA by Niko Bolas (whose credits include Neil Young, Frank Sinatra, Keith Richards, Kiss, Spinal Tap and more) and mastered by Grammy winner Richard Dodd (the man behind Tom Petty and Dixie Chicks), ‘Another Night…’ – recorded on July 6th at the Tavastia Club, Helsinki – features key tracks from Monroe’s solo career spiced up with selected Hanoi classics, some well-chosen covers, plus two brand new, unreleased songs.

Says Monroe: “No excuses, it is what it is, and will probably end up sounding great with all its clunks and flaws, once it’s mixed and finished. Obviously, we’re not doing any overdubs, so you’ll have a very raw ‘rough and ready-or-not’ live recording of another rockin’ night in the sun in the beautiful Finnish summer!”

In the wake of the album’s release, Monroe (plus regular band: Wildheart’s mainman Ginger on guitar, ex-Hanoi member Sammy Yaffa on bass, Steve Conte of New York Dolls & Company Of Wolves fame on guitar, and Karl ‘Rockfist’ Rosqvist on drums, a Swedish/Finnish drummer who has played with both Chelsea Smiles & Danzig) will head out on tour in Finland & Sweden before heading over to the UK to Special Guest with Motörhead on their 35th Anniversary tour in November

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeLun 13 Sep - 22:58

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeLun 13 Sep - 22:59

bru_dall

bru_dall

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitimeMar 14 Sep - 21:51

So far so great!
Hi!

We’re busy working away here in L.A. and it’s going great!

After 5 days of pre-production with Jack (Douglas), we did our first day of actual recording yesterday (Saturday,11th).

What made it extra special was, that Lemmy came by to collaborate on a song, which he also sang on with me. A huge honour and great fun too, of course.
We had a real cool time and at the end of the evening he played us the new Motörhead album, which sounded totally amazing, although it wasn’t even the final mix.
Lemmy is THE MAN! I can’t wait for the U.K. Tour in November with us opening up for Motörhead!

Today (Sunday), our second day of recording, we’ve gotten down the basic tracks (bass, drums & guitars) for 9 songs, out of the 15 we are recording.
If we’ll finish the basics for the remaining 6 songs tomorrow, we’ll be nicely ahead of schedule.

Everything’s sounding brilliant already. Working with our producer Jack Douglas is absolutely fantastic!

Love & Rock’nRoll!

*Michael*

Contenu sponsorisé

Michael Monroe Empty
MessageSujet: Re: Michael Monroe   Michael Monroe Icon_minitime

Michael Monroe
Page 1 sur 1