KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

TARJA TURUNEN New Album

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Empty
MessageSujet: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeLun 15 Fév - 19:39

TARJA TURUNEN On New Album Recordings - "We Are Progressing Nicely And Fast"

Hot Flashes

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) has issued the following new blog entry from Petrax Studios in Hollola, Finland:

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 132330

"It’s so funny to read that some of you got nervous because I didn’t write in two days…come on. I am working here Smile !

The photo session went really well and Jens Boldt did magnificent work again. Some of you will love it, others will freak out.

Few days ago I needed to say goodbye to lovely Will Calhoun.

He is just a wonderful personality and very supportive character. I enjoyed working with him a lot. I hope to meet him very soon again. Thank you Will for your kind words, effort and talent.

Today in the morning I returned back to the studio where Doug and Alex are recordings their parts.

Doug did a great job in the album song 'Naiad' today. Bass is not only the supportive instrument on this album, but also it has a big role in being a mood creator. There is more than one song with two bass lines.

This is the last day for Doug in the studio and soon it will be getting quiet here again, since only Alex will stay with us.

Just few days ago there were 12 of us!

Anyway, I am really getting excited about the recordings because the songs are sounding already exactly how I wished them to sound long time ago. Just wonderful…

The same way that we did when Mike played his parts, Doug and Alex are playing together in the heavier songs while Doug is recording. That way it’s easier for him to get the correct groove of the song. The guys are recording in the control room where we all are present. It’s really cosy here.

Chris recorded a small Hammond feature in one of my songs. The song is very theatrical with tempo and key changes and needs all kind of crazy stuff and Hammond is definitely one of those elements.

There is a very old Hammond here in the studio and I wanted Chris to record with it even though I knew he has one of his own at his home studio. I just wanted to hear that old instrument’s massive sound.

Before Chris and Will left the place, they got to try out the snowmobile! Even though the one in the photo is Alex. I saw they had some fun for a while. There is lot of snow here to play with those machines! It can be dangerous though…

We are progressing nicely and fast."

Tarja Turnen is detailing work on her new album, What Lies Beneath, on her official blog at Tarja-whatliesbeneath.com. Further updates to follow.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeVen 19 Fév - 22:33

TARJA TURUNEN To Record 17 Songs For New Album

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 132444

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) has issued the following new blog entry from Petrax Studios in Hollola, Finland:

"We said goodbye to Doug Wimbish in the morning. He finished all the bass parts last night with success.

Including a beautiful solo for “The Crying Moon”.

Alex was recording yesterday and today guitars for many songs. He is using three different amplifiers in recordings, so that we reach bigger and bombastic sound. Here you’ll see them in the back.

It has been absolutely important that Alex has been here with us during the whole project. He has been arranging killer guitar riffs for many of the songs and they are sounding now much more modern, heavy and rocking!

But there is also space in the album for some delicate sounds together with the raw ones.

There have been quite many people visiting the studio while we’ve been here and all of them have agreed that this album sounds very promising. I am, of course, very delighted about this. We have worked in the whole process 33 songs from which I decided to record 17. The remaining ones took another path because of the music, lyrics or both. I am sure that I will give them a rest, but I will revisit them for other projects or for a future album.

Tomorrow I will start rehearsing and adjusting the vocal parts and getting my body ready for the actual recordings. These are about to begin.

We have been working long days. Every night the time to go to sleep has been more or less at 03:00 in the morning or later. The lack of sleep starts to affect all of us, but the good mood around helps us to keep ourselves in the right track. We are here for one purpose and everybody is giving his or her very best for it.

I am very happy to see the musicians really putting their heart into my music. I am really grateful to them."

Tarja Turnen is detailing work on her new album, What Lies Beneath, on her official blog at Tarja-whatliesbeneath.com. Further updates to follow
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeVen 19 Fév - 23:39

TARJA TURUNEN - Guitars Complete For New Album

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 132624

"Some of you were wondering that 17 songs is quite much for an album. Not all the songs are going to end up on the actual album.

We need bonus tracks and b-sides for different territories and singles. In the worldwide release, there are always countries asking for bonuses. On my album you can expect to have around 11-12 songs. I am lucky though to have more than enough material.

Last night Alex (Scholpp) finished his guitar parts and today he returned back to Germany in the morning.

The band recordings are pretty much done now. We still need the keyboards and cello parts. These two instruments are not going to be recorded here at Petrax, but both Christian (Kretschmar) and Max (Lilja) are recording in their home studios.

We had some guests in Hollola today. Max helped us to contact musicians from LAHTI SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA to record a string quartet. Max played himself the cello parts and did the arrangement for the quartet. The recordings went really well and the sound I was seeking for, was accomplished.

It was really great to have all my 'band mates' here with me. We had a good time together in these sessions and the results are speaking. The songs are really getting tight, even though they are still missing quite few elements.

I read in the blog that many were surprised to see how fast the recordings are progressing. Have in mind that we have been working, discussing and living with these songs for nearly two years in some cases. So at the moment of the actual recording, everything is very clear already.

Tomorrow the vocal session will begin, so wish me good luck."

Tarja Turunen is detailing work on her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, on her official blog at Tarja-whatliesbeneath.com. Further updates to follow.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 11 Mar - 18:27

TARJA TURUNEN Arrives In Los Angeles To Continue Work On New Album

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 134078

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) has issued the following update:

"I arrived in LA few days ago. It’s a wonderful spring here and the sun is shining. It was tough in the dark Finland in the last weeks, so I was already starting to miss the sea and the sun. The least I am going to miss is the snow work.

This trip is not a holiday trip though. I am working with Jim, Slamm and Bart at Remote Control Studios again. We are getting the orchestra arrangements ready and we are starting to discuss the mixing process with Slamm. He is going to be the one to mix all the orchestral tracks. Other mixing engineers will mix the rock/heavy tracks, but I’ll tell you more about that later.

On these days, I hope to meet Mel Wesson as well who was working with the ambient music design on my first album.

The progress of the album is going smoothly but steadily ahead. I have realized during this last month that some of the songs that I thought were not the strongest ones during the writing process turned out to be really good songs now when everything has been recorded. I will definitely have some trouble in choosing the ones that are going to end in the actual album. I guess it’s a nice problem though.

The vocal recordings will continue pretty soon after this LA trip.

Now I would like to tell you something that has been on my mind for some time already. Usually I am not interested in giving my opinions and comments about things that are outside of music and my career, but this time the happenings around just touched me deeply.

There was just a while ago a terrible earthquake in Haiti, followed by other one in Japan and later on in Chile and more recently in Turkey.

It’s just so unbelievable to think all the suffering and trouble that people need to go through in their lives. I am truly speechless and sad. Except for Haiti, I have been in the other countries were I have met lovely people. Is difficult to think that some of them or their families might have been reached by the horrible situation. I am just having them in my thoughts. I send them all my humble and honest love and prayers.

This is the sad reminder for all of us to live our lives as best as we can every day, so that when it’s our time to go, we die alive.

You will never know what is waiting for you tomorrow, so today is the day to cherish."

Tarja Turunen is detailing work on her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, on her official blog at Tarja-whatliesbeneath.com. Further updates to follow.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 29 Avr - 23:00

TARJA TURUNEN To Reveal What Lies Beneath Artwork Next Week

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 137858

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) has announced that the artwork for her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, will be revealed next week via her official website.

Tarja recently finished recording What Lies Beneath, which is now being mixed at three different locations with three different engineers.

"The first stage will take us to London," says Turunen. "I am going to spend next couple of weeks mixing part of the album with Mr. Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT) at Miloco Studios.

“We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17,” Tarja Turunen adds. “It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…”

The lead single from What Lies Beneath, title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeVen 30 Avr - 23:03

TARJA TURUNEN - "Greetings From London"; New Studio Photos Available

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 137966

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) checks in with the following "greetings from London":

"It has been wonderful in beautiful and sunny London these last two weeks. The weather has been just perfect, chilly at times, but full of light.

When I landed at Heathrow, the airport got closed because of the volcano ashes from Iceland! I was very lucky to get here right in time. Actually the people at the studio were not expecting to see me any more when I arrived.

Now my songs are really starting to kick some a**!"

Read Tarja's complete update and check out more photos from the studio at this location.

Tarja has announced that the artwork for her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath, will be revealed next week via her official website.

Tarja recently finished recording What Lies Beneath, which is now being mixed at three different locations with three different engineers.

"The first stage will take us to London," says Turunen. "I am going to spend next couple of weeks mixing part of the album with Mr. Colin Richardson (MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE, SLIPKNOT) at Miloco Studios.

“We worked on 33 songs this time around from which I decided to record 17,” Tarja Turunen adds. “It has been great to have the freedom to produce my own record for the first time; these sessions have been such a gift, a real learning process and a true joy. In many ways, it feels like the first time…”

The lead single from What Lies Beneath, title to be confirmed, is currently being discussed for an early August release, with the full album to follow later that month.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeLun 31 Mai - 15:03

TARJA TURUNEN (ex-NIGHTWISH) recently finished recording her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath. A two and a half-minute teaser from the album recordings and photo shoos of What Lies Beneath can be viewed below:

TARJA TURUNEN - New Album Teaser Available

Tarja recently revealed the artwork for her forthcoming new album, What Lies Beneath (see image below). The session took place in Finland last February with photographer Jens Boldt and Dirk Rudolph who created the artwork.

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album L_c564dc2129f441668e05731ba6741d6f

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeMer 23 Juin - 18:42

TARJA To Release New Single July 19th

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album T141460 The new TARJA (former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen) single, ‘Falling Awake’, will be released in the UK on July 19th as a vinyl 10” only via Spinefarm Records UK.

This highly collectible format will be limited to 1000 copies, all of them pressed onto ‘marbled’ vinyl & numbered by hand, and will be available exclusively from online retailer What Records.

‘Falling Awake’ is the first track to be released from the forthcoming Tarja outing, What Lies Beneath – the second full album beneath the Tarja banner, the follow up to 2007’s My Winter Storm.

This version of the track differs from the one that will appear on What Lies Beneath in that if features a special guest appearance from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH guitarist Jason Hook. Mixing has been handled, as with much of the new album, by renowned UK producer Colin Richardson, whose track record numbers artists such as SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD and BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE.

The B-side of the 10” is ‘The Good Die Young’ – a specially mixed version of the song from the new SCORPIONS album, Sting In The Tail, with Tarja’s vocals now more prominent overall.

What Lies Beneath is scheduled for release on September 3rd via Spinefarm Records UK, preceded by follow-up single/video ‘Until My Last Breath’ on August 16th.

A UK show or shows is currently being lined up for October 2010.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeSam 24 Juil - 23:11

TARJA TURUNEN - Deluxe Version Of What Lies Beneath To Feature Cover Of WHITESNAKE's 'Still Of The Night'

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album T143293 As previously reported, the North American release of Finnish superstar TARJA TURUNEN’s sophomore effort, What Lies Beneath, is August 31st. The album will be issued in the US via The End Records and in Canada by Universal Music. There will be a two-CD Deluxe Edition that features Turunen's cover of the WHITESNAKE classic 'Still Of The Night' and the new songs 'We Are' and 'Naiad' as bonus material on disc two. See below for the complete tracklisting of the album.

The first single, 'Falling Awake' (featuring Jason Hook from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH) will be released August 17th as a limited edition 7" through The Omega Order and available August 24th at all digital outlets. The track is backed with 'The Good Die Young' - a song from the SCORPIONS most recent album that features Tarja’s vocals. The video for 'Falling Awake' was just released and can be viewed below.

Featuring US exclusive artwork (click photo above to enlarge) and bonus track, the new album from the multi-platinum singer was recorded and produced by Tarja and mixed by Tim Palmer (PEAR JAM, THE CURE, ROBERT PLANT), Colin Richardson (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and Slamm Andrews (Scores for Angels & Demon, Pirates Of The CaribbeanTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10, Gladiator).

Special guests on What Lies Beneath include Phil Labonte (ALL THAT REMAINS), JOE SATRIANI (CHICKENFOOT), Jason Hook (Five Finger Death Punch), Will Calhoun (LIVING COLOUR), Slovak National Symphony Orchestra and Choir and more. A limited edition deluxe version of What Lies Beneath is in the works with details to be announced soon.

Tarja, best known as the original vocalist of NIGHTWISH, is the most successful female singer ever to come out of Finland, effortlessly fusing metal, classical and pop-rock. What Lies Beneath is the follow up to her debut album, My Winter Storm, which was released in 2008 and was certified platinum in Finland. The video for the single, 'I Walk Alone', currently has over six million views and can also be seen below.

What Lies Beneath tracklisting:

'Anteroom Of Death' (featuring VAN CANTO)
'Until My Last Breath'
'Dark Star'
(featuring Phil Labonte)
'Underneath'
'Little Lies'
'Rivers Of Lust'
'In For A Kill'
'Montañas de Silencio'
(exclusive US track)
'Falling Awake' (featuring Joe Satriani)
'The Archive Of Lost Dreams'
'Crimson Deep'

Disc Two (on Deluxe Version):
'We Are'
'Naiad'
'Still Of The Night'
(Whitesnake cover)

International cover art:

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album M
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeSam 24 Juil - 23:12

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeMer 28 Juil - 19:33

TARJA - 'Falling Awake' Streaming At BraveWords.com

The new TARJA song 'Falling Awake' (featuring Jason Hook from FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH) is currently streaming online at BraveWords.com - head to the left-hand-side of the site to launch KnuckleTracks Online Audio Player.

The new album from the former NIGHTWISH singer Tarja Turunen called What Lies Beneath is due out on August 31st in the US via The End Records and in Canada by Universal Music. In Europe, the album is scheduled for release on September 3rd in Germany, Switzerland, Austria and the UK. Finland and all other territories will see the album out on September 6th. Artwork for both North American and the international release can be viewed below.

'Falling Awake' will be released August 17th as a limited edition 7" through The Omega Order and available August 24th at all digital outlets. The track is backed with 'The Good Die Young' - a song from the SCORPIONS most recent album that features Tarja’s vocals.

About 'Falling Awake' Turunen comments: "My first street single and very personal song to me. I wrote the song together with singer, songwriter Johnny Andrews. The storyline goes around my life as an artist today. I felt it is time to write something positive, since I truly feel good and confident today. I think this story represents many other people as well, so I have high hopes that listeners can feel connected with it. The idea of having many guitar players making solos for the different versions of the song, came to the picture a bit later in the production. Legendary guitar player JOE SATRIANI performed a guitar solo for the album version, Jason Hook, known from American metal band Five Finger Death Punch, for the single version and Argentinean guitarist Julian Barrett for the version (streaming at BraveWords.com."

The singles 'Immortal' (GermanyTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10/Switzerland/Austria) and 'Until My Last Breath' (rest of the world) will be available on August 20th and August 23rd respectively.

As previously reported, there will be a two-CD Deluxe Edition that features Turunen's cover of the WHITESNAKE classic 'Still Of The Night' and the new songs 'We Are' and 'Naiad' as bonus material on disc two. See below for the complete tracklisting of the album.

What Lies Beneath was recorded and produced by Tarja and mixed by Tim Palmer (PEAR JAM, THE CURE, ROBERT PLANT), Colin Richardson (SLIPKNOT, MACHINE HEAD, BULLET FOR MY VALENTINE) and Slamm Andrews (Scores for Angels & Demon, Pirates Of The CaribbeanTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10, Gladiator). Other special guests on What Lies Beneath include Will Calhoun (LIVING COLOUR), Slovak National Symphony Orchestra and Choir and more.

What Lies Beneath tracklisting:

'Anteroom Of Death' (featuring VAN CANTO)
'Until My Last Breath'
'Dark Star'
(featuring ALL THAT REMAINS' Phil Labonte)
'Underneath'
'Little Lies'
'Rivers Of Lust'
'In For A Kill'
'Montañas de Silencio'
(exclusive US track)
'Falling Awake' (featuring Joe Satriani)
'The Archive Of Lost Dreams'
'Crimson Deep'

Disc Two (on Deluxe Version):
'We Are'
'Naiad'
'Still Of The Night'
(Whitesnake cover - playing below)

North American cover art:

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album L_d910712f3b92486393c101aa63600177

International cover art:

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album L_555b62dd13bd49bf854c1c6c138d5b9e
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeMer 28 Juil - 19:33

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeDim 1 Aoû - 20:46

TARJA - "My New Album Is Finally Ready!"

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album T143728 Former NIGHTWISHTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10 singer TARJA (Tarja Turunen) has issued the following update:

"My new album is finally ready! It took a while, but the result is so good that I think it was worth to sweat a bit.

It has been the hardest and toughest project so far in my career, but very rewarding. I am very proud of all the people that were involved and took their time for my art. I am deeply grateful.

While I’ve been working on the album, we have already started performing summer shows and done few of them. The shows have been wonderful so far. We’ve been in Hungary, Belgium, Slovenia, Sweden, Estonia, Czech and Bulgaria. All of them very different events on their own.

We have met many friends in the shows and had lots of fun to play the new songs. Just wait to hear the rest of the album!

At the moment I am preparing myself for Wacken, Germany, which is happening next week.

There are only two shows still to come during this summer. But I will keep on travelling around the globe since the promotion for my new album has already started some time ago.

It was only yesterday that this song was mastered and ready to be added to the rest. When I thought that the production for the album was finished and everything was ready, my record company in Germany wanted me to still work on this one: 'I Feel Immortal'. That meant to get everybody back to studio again to record their parts, me to write new lyrics and music and to get my head back to where I had it during the whole spring…the production.

If this song turns out to be the success that my company believes it’s going to be, I am giving them all the credits.

For me it was hard to work in a song that was written already, but I decided to make it my own. I did my very best though to get the correct spirit for it, so in the end I could stand behind it; but I have to say, it was not easy.

I went to Iceland to shoot the video for 'I Feel Immortal' and I know that it’s going to be probably the most beautiful video I have ever done in my career. The country is just unbelievably amazing with its stunning landscapes, so we managed to find incredible places for shootings.

I am very happy how the video turned out to be!!

In Bulgaria the city of Kavarna and it’s Mayor surprised me by organising a painting of me on a city building. It was nice to walk the streets and find similar paintings of BILLY IDOL, Klaus Meine (SCORPIONS), Ronnie James Dio (HEAVEN & HELL, DIO, BLACK SABBATHTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10, RAINBOW), Ian Gillan (DEEP PURPLE)… and me.

It is a real honour!

My forthcoming single 'Until My Last Breath' leaked to internet by accident few days ago. If you had the chance to listen to it, I hope you liked it. Please be so kind not to spread it all over that we can preserve it until the single will be released. I would really appreciate it very much. Thank you!"

For the complete details of Tarja's new album, What Lies BeneathTARJA TURUNEN  New Album Mag-glass_10x10, click here.
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Aoû - 21:56

</FONT>

TARJA TURUNEN  New Album 145060
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitimeJeu 26 Aoû - 21:58

Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: TARJA TURUNEN New Album   TARJA TURUNEN  New Album Icon_minitime

TARJA TURUNEN New Album
Page 1 sur 1