KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -20%
-20% Récupérateur à eau mural 300 ...
Voir le deal
79 €

Devin Townsend Project

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

Devin Townsend Project Empty
MessageSujet: Devin Townsend Project   Devin Townsend Project Icon_minitimeVen 5 Juin - 9:50

DEVIN TOWNSEND - "I’m Not Trying To Beat Any Profound Or Otherwise Statement Into Anyone’s Head"

Devin Townsend Project 115029

Canuck metal madman DEVIN TOWNSEND spoke with Dan Rodriguez from Metalinsider.net about a number of topics including Ki, the first in a four-part series of albums under the moniker the DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT. Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

Metalinsider.net: Where did this four-album series concept come from?

Townsend: "Just to clarify, it’s not really a concept [series of albums], it just kind of mirrors the progression that my own world’s been through over the past couple years. And even that’s nothing really profound, it’s just the way I tend to write music, it just kind of illustrates whatever has been going on. In that way, I’m sure it’s like a loose concept, but it’s not like The Wall or Operation Mindcrime or anything. There’s no characters, it’s just the progression my life’s taken over the past three years with a lot of personal change. Just seems that the music came all during that time, and as a result it’s kind of like a soundtrack to [it]. But there’s no message, there’s no mission. I’m not trying to beat any profound or otherwise statement into anyone’s head."

Metalinsider.net: This is called the Devin Townsend Project as opposed to the existing Devin Townsend Band, what’s the difference?

Townsend: "The Devin Townsend Band was based on a real heightened sense of me talking about personal life and things that perhaps had a sense of self-importance attached to it that wasn’t necessarily exciting for an audience to participate in. It’s like the “me” show, live. I think with the Devin Townsend Project, I tend to group certain sounds and certain eras of my music development into certain places, and Devin Townsend Project is the name I gave to all four of these records which seem to be connected in terms of where, how and under what circumstances they were written. I’m going to be writing, regardless of whether or not it has a name, a record deal, whether or not people hear it or even want not hear it. So DTP for these four records seemed to be, granted an uncreative solution, but a solution to the name of the four records."

Metalinsider.net: So is this something that you see sort of finishing with these four records and then you’re going to move on to whatever the next thing is?

Townsend: "Yes, absolutely. The next one could be the Devin Townsend Experience or whatever. Again it’s not a very creative solution, we could have called it Tri-Tiperon from the Third Dimension Project Perfunkatron. But it’s like the Devon Townsend Project, there ya go. And after this is over who knows what will happen."

Read the entire interview here.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

Devin Townsend Project
Page 1 sur 1