KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

NEW YORK DOLLS New Album "

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

NEW YORK DOLLS New Album " Empty
MessageSujet: NEW YORK DOLLS New Album "   NEW YORK DOLLS New Album " Icon_minitimeDim 17 Mai - 20:37

NEW YORK DOLLS Guitarist On New Album - "Nothing Was Planned But Everything Was Gained Because Of That"

NEW YORK DOLLS New Album " 113788

Ryan Sparks at Classic Rock Revisited recently caught up with founding NEW YORK DOLLS guitarist Sylvain Sylvain. An excerpt from the interview is available below.

Ryan: With the release of the band’s new album ‘Cause I Sez So does it feel kind of weird that this incarnation of the band has equaled the original band’s studio output?

Syl: [laughs] "Well god bless that I guess. Yeah it’s kind of weird you know? I didn’t even think that it would ever happen again, although that was always my want and my need all through the years. Thank god it did happen when it did, and the reason why we’re back together is because of our audience and our public at large, who keeps on wanting to see us come and perform, and make new records. They seem to enjoy what we do and I really think that’s the thing that keeps it going. If not I guess we probably wouldn’t be talking right now."

Ryan: To me the music on this new record retains that classic New York Dolls sound, and at the same time it also sounds fresh and exciting. You’ve acknowledged the past so to speak in a couple of ways by bringing back producer Todd Rundgren and also by revisiting a track off of your first album, Trash.

Syl: "Well you know what? Nothing was planned. Nothing was planned but everything was gained because of that. We usually fly by the seat of our pants and create as we go along, and what works, works. It’s not like there’s any romantic or magical thing to it, we pretty much work organically. If its right and it feels good in the gut then we keep it, if it doesn’t we’ll throw it away or save it for another time. With Todd it was a great opportunity, although we had a small window of time to work together, where we both available. Sometimes things like that happen because you’ll say 'Hey who’s around, who just got a deal?' So we got a deal and he was around. It was pretty funny because we’re both connected with the same company so that was an easy gig. Not to mention he’s a jewel. What a talent just him alone, so who would pass that up you know?"

Go to this location for the complete interview.
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

NEW YORK DOLLS New Album "
Page 1 sur 1