KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Ecran PC GIGABYTE 28″ LED M28U 4K ( IPS, 1 ms, 144 Hz, FreeSync ...
399 € 499 €
Voir le deal

slash*****

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

slash***** Empty
MessageSujet: slash*****   slash***** Icon_minitimeDim 10 Mai - 12:44

SLASH Issues Weekly Studio Update - "I Really Needed This Creative Outlet..."

slash***** 113164

VELVET REVOLVERslash***** Mag-glass_10x10/ex-GUNS N' ROSES guitar legend SLASH is currently recording his new solo album in Los Angeles with Josh Freese (drums) and Chris Chaney (bass).

An update from Slash reads:

"What's happening all?!

By next Monday we will have 9 songs with vocals recorded. It really is a killer record so far and it sonically sounds amazing. We've recorded everything analog and that makes a huge difference in the most positive way. Eric Valentine is the perfect producer to handle all this spontaneous information and energy I've been throwing at him, he is really a one of a kind technician.

Its hard to explain, but I really needed this creative outlet to do stuff I haven't been at liberty to do in a LONG while. To be honest, I have been having a ridiculously good time working on this project.

And, the singers have all been genuinely awe inspiring and a pleasure to work with. They are the focus of what this record ultimately will sound like, regardless of how good the instruments sound. With their input, every session has had its own unique vibe and character and the songs have developed a personality unique to each individual vocalist, cool stuff.

Unfortunately, this record is not going to come out until next year, but its going to be worth the wait, I promise.

As for the topic of most interest to some of you, American Idolslash***** Mag-glass_10x10.

The American Idol adventure was quite an experience to say the least. I did my best to change it up by mentoring the singers at the Roxy and I brought some great musicians to play with me, Tommy Clufetos on drums, Keri Kelli on guitar and Chris Chaney on bass. Matt Rohdes, the keyboard player from the AI band also accompanied us and was indispensable in helping us navigate the key changes and edits that were necessary to perform the songs in the keys that the singers chose and in the time frame that fit the shows format etc. And, all in just a couple hours.

Although the show itself was way out of my comfort zone initially, we definitely altered the show's routine, for better or worse. The show staff and crew were super professional and sincerely went out of their way to make everything as painless and expeditious as possible. It wasn't a big spaz attack like on some TV productions.

As important, if not more so, the singers were great to work with as well. Adam (who I was not scouting to sing in VR, btw) was amazing, as was Alison, who was unceremoniously voted off prematurely, in my opinion. Danny and Kris were out of their element this week, but did the best they could under the circumstances. The judges, although unnecessarily harsh at times, were like rockstars themselves and Seacrest is the consumate professional, no matter what. Very interesting dynamics, more so in person than on TV. All in all it was a good time. But, the way I see it, as massive as AI is, it could do with an infusion of Rock & Roll on a regular basis. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints about the whole event.

Anyway, I worked in the studio around the show for those 3 days so as not to waste any time on my record and I'm working thru the weekend to get my schedule back to normal starting Monday, so I don't miss a beat.

That's it, have a great weekend and Happy Mother's Day to those of you who have, or are mothers! Talk to you next week."
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

slash*****
Page 1 sur 1