KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

WHITESNAKE The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

WHITESNAKE   The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990 Empty
MessageSujet: WHITESNAKE The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990   WHITESNAKE   The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990 Icon_minitimeMar 22 Fév - 23:30

WHITESNAKE To Release The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990

WHITESNAKE   The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990 156570

Niclas Müller-Hansen from Sweden'sWHITESNAKE   The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990 Mag-glass_10x10 Metal Shrine spoke with WHITESNAKE guitarist Doug Aldritch recently about a number of topics including their new album, Forevermore. Here are a few excerpts from the chat:

Metal Shrine: I was looking at the Whitesnake website and going through all the pictures there from the studio and you all look so relaxed and like you had a ton of fun.

Aldritch: "We did! I think it really reflects in the sound on the record. It's a little more loose overall in a good way, I think. I think it was set up that way by David in the very beginning of this record where he said 'Let's involve everybody as much as we can on this record!' Good To Be Bad was more David and I holed up away at his house, whereas this one, David rented a special house for us to work at and everyone could come and it was great."

Metal Shrine: I think it's got a bit more of the classic Whitesnake sound. I've been listening to it for the last couple of days and I've got some favorite tracks on there. Especially the title track, Forevermore where David sings really good and there's a really cool melody to it.

Aldritch: "You know what? That was the last song that we wrote. That was at the very end. I said to David 'I've got this idea for an acoustic thing that could potentially turn into a real epic, because there's so many places that song could go.' It could've been a heavy song or do one verse and then when it got to the chorus, you'd bring the band in. There's a lot of different ways to do it, but I showed him the basic stuff and the melody that he sang was pretty much exactly the melody that he did. Obviously he had real lyrics to write, but his melody was so cool. The first chord to that thing is major and then it goes to a minor chord on the second chord. He just hit that note right away and his tone is so huge, so then the song just kind of stayed on its own until we got control of it and then it got heavy. We've taken a couple of weeks off, so I haven't talked to David about it, but we did do a straight acoustic version of Forevermore and it's just amazing. I hope you get to hear it! It's super good and no drums or electric guitar and it's just really cool."

Metal Shrine: Do you know if this deal with Frontiers is a one album deal or are there options for another album?

Aldritch: "I have no idea! I would imagine it depends on how this record goes and if David is happy with it and everything, maybe he would consider doing something else. I know he's got another release, The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990 and I helped him work on that a little bit from an engineer standpoint. I think that is coming out on Frontiers as well. It's a great show!"

Read the entire interview here.

Check out 'Slide It In' plus interviews from Donington 1990 below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTYuxefFnSc&feature=player_embedded
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

WHITESNAKE The Monsters Of Rock At Donington 1990
Page 1 sur 1