TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilCalendrierFAQRechercherMembresGroupesS'enregistrerConnexion

Partagez | 

GARY MOORE RIP

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MessageSujet: GARY MOORE RIP    Dim 6 Fév - 22:01

GARY MOORE RIP âgé de 58 ans, Gary Moore est décédé dans sa chambre d'hôtel en ...Espagne hier. Une telle perte est terrible pour le monde du rock...
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    Dim 6 Fév - 22:14

GARY MOORE Dead At 58

According to the BBC, legendary former THIN LIZZY guitarist GARY MOORE has died in a hotel room in Spain.

Moore, 58, was, originally from Belfast, and was a former member of the legendary Irish group Thin Lizzy.

Adam Parsons, who manages Thin Lizzy, told the BBC that Mr Moore had died in the early hours of Sunday morning.

Moore was originally drafted into Thin Lizzy by its singer Phil Lynott. He later gained acclaim for his solo work and was a former member of the Irish group SKID ROW.

The Northern Ireland guitarist was only 16 when he moved from Belfast to Dublin in 1969, to join Skid Row, which featured Lynott as lead vocalist.

He was later brought into Thin Lizzy by Lynott to replace the departing Eric Bell, another guitarist from Northern Ireland.

Bell told the BBC on Sunday he was still "in shock" at Moore's death.

"I still can't believe it," he said. "He was so robust, he wasn't a rock casualty, he was a healthy guy. He was a superb player and a dedicated musician."

Scott Gorham of Thin Lizzy said it been a pleasure to share a stage with Moore.

"Playing with Gary during the Black Rose era was a great experience, he was a great player and a great guy," he said.

"I will miss him."

The lead guitarist received critical acclaim for his work on the 1974 Thin Lizzy album, Nightlife, but would never be constrained by the music group format.

A year earlier, he had released his first solo album Grinding Stone and his virtuoso playing was to make him a recognised artist in his own right.

Although returning to Thin Lizzy briefly in the late 1970s, his solo work cotinued to garner interest and he also enjoyed UK chart success with Lynott, via singles 'Parisienne Walkways' and 'Out In The Fields'.

Throughout his career, Gary Moore was to embrace a range of genres including blues, metal and hard rock.

He performed on stage with a range of major artists and released 20 studio albums.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18FgnFVm5k0&feature=player_embedded
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    Lun 7 Fév - 22:35

Eagle Rock Pay Tribute To GARY MOORE

BW&BK has received the following:

Eagle Rock Entertainment have been deeply saddened by the news of the death of GARY MOORE, the consummate musician acknowledged as one of the finest guitarists that the British Isles has ever produced. In a career that dates back to the 1960s, there are few musical genres that he has not turned his adroit musical hand to, and on top of his acclaimed solo work he has graced the line-ups of several notable rock bands, THIN LIZZY, COLOSSEUM II and SKID ROW to name but three.

Eagle Rock Entertainment were privileged to work with Gary Moore and his team on many projects over the past few years – releasing his three most recent studio albums, a live box set album, three DVDs and a Blu-ray. It was a relationship that began in 2004 and was cherished by all those at the label.

Lindsay Brown of Eagle Rock Entertainment commented, “Gary Moore was truly a giant of contemporary guitarists. We feel honored to have worked with him, released his amazing music and indeed to have called him a friend. He will be sorely missed by all those who knew him, and all fans of original guitar music, and leaves a gap that simply cannot be filled.”

Mike Carden, President of Operations in North America, adds “It isn't often you get the opportunity to work with a legend who is also a gentlemen. Gary Moore was such a legend he will be sorely missed.”

According to The Sun, Gary Moore - who died in Estepona, Spain yesterday (February 6th) at the age of 58 - choked on his vomit after knocking back champagne and brandy.

The 58-year-old ex-Thin Lizzy star was discovered just before 4am by his girlfriend, unconscious in their Spanish hotel room.

Medics found him lying lifeless on his back wearing just his underpants.

An ambulance source said: "We believe the deceased had been drinking heavily."

A source at The Kempinski hotel on Spain's Costa del Sol - where suites cost up to £3,500 a night - said: "There were definite signs of alcohol in the room.

"His girlfriend was very distraught, in floods of tears."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKpazeA5L8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3-TgDjcBL0&feature=player_embedded
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    Lun 7 Fév - 22:46

JOHN SYKES Remembers GARY MOORE

Former THIN LIZZY guitarist/vocalist John Sykes has posted the following message:

"Our condolences to the family of GARY MOORE - one of the greatest guitar players ever. A very sad loss for the music world. His playing will inspire generations to come. God Bless. Love and respect. John Sykes."

According to The Sun, Gary Moore - who died in Estepona, Spain yesterday (February 6th) at the age of 58 - choked on his vomit after knocking back champagne and brandy.

The 58-year-old ex-Thin Lizzy star was discovered just before 4am by his girlfriend, unconscious in their Spanish hotel room.

Medics found him lying lifeless on his back wearing just his underpants.

An ambulance source said: "We believe the deceased had been drinking heavily."

A source at The Kempinski hotel on Spain's Costa del Sol - where suites cost up to £3,500 a night - said: "There were definite signs of alcohol in the room.

"His girlfriend was very distraught, in floods of tears."

In a career dating back to the 1960s, Moore played with artists including Phil Lynott and Brian Downey as early as his secondary school days, leading him to membership with the Irish rock band Thin Lizzy on three separate occasions. Moore shared the stage with such blues and rock luminaries as B.B. KING, ALBERT KING, COLOSSEUM II, GREG LAKE and SKID ROW (not to be confused with the glam metal band of the same name), as well as having a successful solo career.

Moore collaborated with a broad range of artists including GEORGE HARRISON, TRILOK GURTU, DR. STRANGELY STRANGE, COLOSSEUM II, ALBERT COLLINS, JIMMY NAIL, MO FOSTER, GINGER BAKER, JACK BRUCE, JIM CAPALDI, VICKI BROWN, COZY POWELL, THE BEACH BOYS, OZZY OSBOURNE and ANDREW LLOYD WEBBER on the composer's Variations (album) in 1977. He experimented with many musical genres, including rock, jazz, blues, country, electric blues, hard rock and heavy metal, according to Wikipedia.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    Ven 11 Fév - 0:55

DEF LEPPARD/THIN LIZZY Guitarist Vivian Campbell - "I Probably Ripped Off GARY MOORE More Than Any Other Guitar Player"

DEF LEPPARD and current THIN LIZZY guitarist Vivian Campbell spoke with BraveWords.com's Mitch Lafon yesterday about the tragic death of guitar legend GARY MOORE.

When asked what Gary Moore meant to him, Campbell stated: “Frankly, his passing didn’t mean anything to me. I didn’t know the guy personally, but at one stage in my life he was a huge guitar influence. I probably ripped off Gary Moore more than any other guitar player. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So, I was a fan… certainly in my teenage years. Somebody asked me a couple of days ago who my guitar hero was and it’s sad to think that I don’t have any guitar heroes anymore (and this was before Gary died). Gary was a huge influence on me in my teenage years and early twenties, but I lost touch with was he was doing. To be honest, I was really really impressed with the roads he was forging in the blues world. I came across a YouTube video several months ago where he was playing the blues with B.B. KING and before it even started I thought, ‘I know where this is going. He’s going to be all heavy handed. He’s going to play all over him. He’s not going to get it.’ I remember, after having watched the video, to being very very impressed. He out blues-ed B.B. King and I don’t mean as a player. He played authentically. He played the blues with B.B. King and he out-played him. It was amazing. B.B. does what he does, but Gary… had a real authenticity to his blues playing and ultimately that’s what he excelled at. He was well known in other genres like rock, hard rock, metal and jazz-rock. Gary Moore, first time he came to my attention, was with COLOSSEUM II. A friend of mine, who was a real record fan, first turned me on to that. I was impressed with Gary’s technical ability. It’s amazing how the longer you play the instrument the more you tend to go back to the essential elements of it.”

Bravewords.com: You’ve recently joined Thin Lizzy. What does that mean for your involvement with Def Leppard?

Campbell: “This was actually suggested to Scott Gorham by Joe Elliott. I’m still very much a member of Def Leppard. Leppard has taken the last year and a half off and this has been a labour of love for me. It’s not like I’m leaving Def Leppard.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqAuuIDU2sw&feature=player_embedded

According to the Mirror.co.uk, Moore died of a suspected heart attack, a postmortem revealed yesterday. The former Thin Lizzy star, 58, was on holiday with his girlfriend and died in his sleep. Forensic experts have ordered further tissue tests on his body ahead of a report, an inquiry heard.

Relatives including Gary’s brother, Cliff, are in the Costa del Sol, Spain, to make preparations to fly his body back home.

Moore, of Belfast, died at the five-star Kempinski Resort Hotel, in Estepona, at the weekend. Paramedics were called at 4 AM on Sunday after his girlfriend raised the alarm.

The pair had earlier eaten a burger and a sandwich, washed down with champagne and brandy.

A police spokesman said yesterday: “His death is not in any way suspicious. An inquiry has been opened to find the exact cause.”
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    Ven 11 Fév - 1:09

PAUL RODGERS Pays Tribute To GARY MOORE

PAUL RODGERS (BAD COMPANY, FREE, QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS) has posted the following tribute to GARY MOORE:

"Gary was a friend and a truly great man. I respect that he played the game his way... no time for BS. He was focused and passionate about music and was one of the best.

The last time that I jammed with Gary he came on as my Special Guest at London's Royal Albert Hall and proceeded to take it to another level... the place imploded! When he played he was a man on fire.

If there hadn't been an ocean between us and Gary didn't mind flying we absolutely would have created more together. We've lost a great British blues man and I am very, very sad."

According to Mirror.co.uk, Moore died of a suspected heart attack, a postmortem revealed yesterday. The former THIN LIZZY star, 58, was on holiday with his girlfriend and died in his sleep.

Forensic experts have ordered further tissue tests on his body ahead of a report, an inquiry heard.

Relatives including Gary’s brother, Cliff, are in the Costa del Sol, Spain, to make preparations to fly his body back home.

Moore, of Belfast, died at the five-star Kempinski Resort Hotel, in Estepona, at the weekend. Paramedics were called at 4 AM on Sunday after his girlfriend raised the alarm.

The pair had earlier eaten a burger and a sandwich, washed down with champagne and brandy.

A police spokesman said yesterday: “His death is not in any way suspicious. An inquiry has been opened to find the exact cause.”
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: GARY MOORE RIP    

GARY MOORE RIP
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1