Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Winger*************   Mar 14 Sep - 21:57

In The Heart Of The Young

Cool to see people still digging this CD

Classic melodic rock CD of the week

By Stephen Kasenda

WINGER "In the Heart of the Young" (1990)

Winger extended the success of their debut and eventually reached their height with this album. "In The Heart of The Young" was also certified platinum and featured a more serious approach in the lyric department and displayed a more complex composition as well as even better guitar playing by Reb Beach. Three singles that became their hits back then are also among my all time fave Winger tracks. "Can't Get Enuff" is such a huge uptempo rocker, "Easy Come Easy Go" blows high with its catchy groove, and "Miles Away" is definitely their best ballad ever written…but funny thing is that the author of the track isn't Kip Winger, who basically wrote almost all of their songs.

There are two other great power ballads inside: "Rainbow In The Rose" that featured the trumpet of Chris Botti and Beach's fantastic outro solo, and "Under One Condition", although this one isn't as good as the others, it is still a very good emotional piece. "In The Day We'll Never See" is also an underrated uptempo tune - it has the big power and hooks. However, tracks like "Little Dirty Blonde" or the title track are relatively weak and can be considered filler. "Baptized By Fire" actually is quite good and I highly admired the insane intro, but when the weird rap came in, it's all over.

Winger is one of the few bands that never disappointed me. I love all their albums and this one is also surely loved by many glam fans. If only a couple of the tracks were better, I wouldn’t hesitate to give this a perfect five stars. Reb Beach is the ultimate highlight of the band but Kip Winger's warm voice is unique, calming, and comfortably blended with their music. Great stuff and four-stars is warranted, I just can’t get enuff of this classic!

Click here for the article

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Winger*************   Ven 8 Oct - 19:30

Rock and roll heroes - Kip Winger
By Kaj

Good looks and MTV ballads are what the nutheads think when they talk Winger and nothing could be more wrong, Beavis and Butthead did their best on trying to walk all over this band.

When instead, the musicianship of Winger is on the same level as Rush and the heaviest riffs heavier than Metallica.

Not many artists manage to be brilliant in so many aspects like songwriting, arrangement, staying progressive and still reach out to a big audience.[/size]
The first 3 Winger albums between 1989-1993 and Kip´s 3 first solo albums "This conversation seems like a dream" (1996), "Songs from the ocean floor" (2000) and "From the moon to the sun" (2008) are all a wetdream for melodic rock fans.

The latest two Winger albums "IV" (2006) and "Karma" (2009) are no million sellers like the early stuff but they are just as good, these are truly underrated albums that showed the band could develope their sound but still maintain hard and melodic.

Other albums worth having in your Winger collection are Kip´s work with Cenk Eroglu in Xcarnation´s 2005 album "Grounded", Winger´s Demo anthology from 2007 and Kip´s other band Blackwood Creek (2009).
Different stuff soundwise but all great music and Kip sings like a god on most things he touches.

Recently Kip composed, arranged and produced the classical piece "Ghosts Suite No.1 EP" for a Ballet. Not my cup of tea but you can´t let go thinking what a remarkable musician he is with this kind of work! The Ballet has already been showing in Hong Kong and San Fransisco, bravo Kip!

Palace of Rock
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/brudall

Winger*************
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 1 sur 1