KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion

HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER Empty
MessageSujet: HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER   HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER Icon_minitimeMar 28 Avr - 18:22

HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER Checks In - "Writing For New CD Has Begun!"

HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER 112122

HELIX frontman Brian Vollmer has checked in with the following update:

"Writing for new CD has begun!

Last Sunday Sean Kelly and I got together at his place in Toronto be begin writing the newest Helix CD. Our first writing session produced the song 'The Animal Inside', and we’ve already started to demo it. On Tuesday we’ll be hooking up in Toronto with Moe Berg (PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS) for another full day of writing. We hope to have the CD ready by this fall.

On Monday I will find out whether or not I’ll be headed to Europe for the next three weeks to do several shows with George Belanger (of HARLEQUIN) and Pat Travers. The offer came about two weeks ago when former agent Bernie Aubin (of Canadian Classic Rock) phoned me from his home in B.C. From what I know so far, I’ll have to go to Toronto to practice with a band (don’t know who) and by next weekend we’ll be on the plane. Got my fingers crossed on this one and really hope it works out. The odds look good that this could happen but I usually don’t get too excited until it does. On a related note, we also had an inquiry from Argentina about the band playing there.

Walking the Razor’s Edge had just been recently re-released by Rock Candy Records in a re-mastered form with three extra 'bonus' tracks. The bonus tracks are live versions of 'Young & Reckless', 'Rock You' and 'Animal House', all of which were recorded January 10th at the famous Marquee Club in London, England. I will have a limited 25 copies for sale on the website - they’ll be the ONLY ones that end up with my signature on them unless fans bring other ones to the gig to be signed. Price: $24.99.

This week I received an offer I couldn’t refuse from Doug Elliot, operations manager at K-Rock 105.7/KIX 93.5//102-7 The Lake in Kingston. We are now booked for June 18th on the Island Queen, another legendary K-Rock Party Cruise. It’s going to be three hours on the St. Lawrence River! I’m told there’s nothing better than Kingston in the summer. We’ll be playing 2 x 45 minute or so sets 8 30 to 10. Doug says that usually by the end of the night the party is going so strong the band keeps playing. We’ll see Doug. LOL!

Also: We’re playing two dates for the S.P.C.A.: September 11th in Strathroy, Ontario at the Portuguese Club, and again the next night in Kitchener at The Edelweiss Tavern.( 600 Doon Village Road/Kitchener, Ontario/N2P 1G6) On the first night we’ll also be having a celebrity auction. Already we’ve gotten a signed lithograph from RUSH from their last CD (only 100 in existence!), 2 signed shirts from the Trailer Park Boys, a signed stick from the London Knights (including John Tavares autograph-# 1 draft pick for the NHL this season) donated album covers from John Hockley of various bands he’s gotten autographs from over the years, and many more items to come from friends like TROOPER and URIAH HEEP. As well, I’m throwing several Helix scrapbooks into the mix. I’ve been going through them one at a time, listing all the items inside. There are original photo session prints, rare photographs and write-ups, plus original studio tracking sheets, and much more. I’ll eventually put up the list when I get everything cataloged. Opening both of these shows will be MOONDOG UPROAR, a fantastic up and coming London band that just happens to be my pick for 'most likely to succeed'. Check them out on Facebook".
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

HELIX Frontman BRIAN VOLLMER
Page 1 sur 1