KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
-29%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
PC portable – MEDION 15,6″ FHD Intel i7 – 16 Go / 512Go (CDAV : ...
499.99 € 699.99 €
Voir le deal

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ Empty
MessageSujet: DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ   DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ Icon_minitimeLun 7 Juin - 21:12

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ - 'England Rocks' Video Available

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ 140313

DEF LEPPARDDEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ Mag-glass_10x10 frontman Joe Elliott's side project DOWN 'N OUTZ - the band backed by THE QUIREBOYS and play rare tracks connected only by MOTT THE HOOPLE - have uploaded a new video on YouTube called 'England Rocks', a cover of the IAN HUNTER classic. Check it out here.

Joe Elliott explains the concept behind the Down 'N Outz:

"When Mott The Hoople announced they were reforming for a weeks worth of shows at the Hammersmith Odeon I was asked that I participate in some capacity. They've always been my favourite band and it's nice to see the rest of the rock world finally catch up and give them their due. But, what was I to do? It was suggested to me that the Quireboys would be up for offering their services. This was perfect! A fan since their first album, I loved the idea of working with a band as enthusiastic to do this as I was. I decided that the thing to do was play some songs that like minded people thought they would never hear live again, if ever, songs by spin offs of Mott the Hoople - songs by Mott, Ian Hunter and British Lions. Songs that are close to my heart, songs that I've played every week for the best part of 35 years on record, cassette, CD, iPod and now live."

The Down 'N Outz supported Mott The Hoople's at one of their legendary 2009 reformation shows at Hammersmith Odeon. In addition to Joe Elliott (vocals/guitar/keyboards) the band featured The Quireboys' Paul Guerin (guitar), Guy Griffin (guitar), Keith Weir (keyboards) and Phil Martini (drums) and finally bassist Ronnie Garrity (RAW GLORY). Following a rapturous reception the one night project took on a life and energy of it's own and an album project was born.

Down 'N Outz then set about recording an albums worth of material. The album was produced by Joe Elliott with co-production by Ronan McHugh. The album was recorded at Joe Elliott's own studio Joe's Garage and Moor Hall studio in Bedfordshire.

Full tracklisting (with original recording artist):

'Golden Opportunity' (IAN HUNTER)
'Storm' (MOTT THE HOOPLE)
'Overnight Angels' (Ian Hunter)
'Career (No Such Thing As Rock N' Roll) (Mott The Hoople)
'England Rocks' (Ian Hunter)
'Shouting And Pointing' (Mott The Hoople)
'By Tonight' (Mott The Hoople)
'Who Do You Love' (Ian Hunter)
'One More Chance To Run' (BRITISH LIONS)
'Good Times' (Mott The Hoople, originally recorded by THE EASYBEATS)

Prior to it's general release fans will be able to get hold of the 10 track album cover mounted on the issue of Classic Rock magazine on sale on June 23rd. An extended version of the album will also be released through Mailboat Records (JOE PERRY, WALTER BECKER, CHRIS ISAAK, JEFF BRIDGES) on July 13th. The extended version will feature three extra tracks unavailable on the Classic Rock tied release.

Down 'N Outz have also been confirmed to play the main stage of inaugural High Voltage Festival at Victoria Park, London on Sunday, July 25th. My Re Generation is the first part in a series of projects by the Down 'N Outz, including a forthcoming DVD of the Hammersmith Apollo performance. More details to follow
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall

DEF LEPPARD Frontman Joe Elliott's Side Project DOWN 'N OUTZ
Page 1 sur 1