Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 18 Mai - 18:15

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 18 Mai - 18:16

DIO Keyboardist Jens Johansson Remembers RONNIE JAMES DIO

Former DIO keyboardist Jens Johansson(STRATOVARIUS) has issued the following message paying tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

"I hesitated a bit to write something about this, in a way it feels weird to use this sad day to attract attention to myself. Then I realized I also feel a bit strange to not even comment in public.

I joined Dio, the band, for about a year in the early nineties, that's how I got to know Ronnie. Him, and let's not forget Wendy, who is still very much alive. They were a team. When they took me in to the Dio family, I felt a bit like a cold puppy coming in from the rain. I had previously just left Yngwie's band which was a really fun and creative situation, but it was at the same time also tremendously chaotic and stressful.

My time in Dio was simply one of the best times in my life.

Ronnie was one of the best people I ever met, very different from the usual musicians and other suspects in this wretched industry. I think this is something you will hear over and over - you have heard it before he was gone, and you will also keep hearing it after he is gone. Quite simply, because it's the truth. And especially towards fans. If you didn't realize it by now, you can ask anyone who met him. Ronnie was the guy signing autographs in the cold rain after the point where any mere mortal would have crawled back into bed. It was insane. His dedication to the fans was not from this world. He is the guy that finally made it dawn on me who it is who actually pays the bills - it is the fans. (Well at least he tried, if I didn't quite learn, that is my own fault)

Well, it could be everyone knows all that already, so what else can I say that you don't already know or could find out from Wikipedia? Since I was a Dio fan myself long long before I even met him, I think I have some perspective.

His voice was like a tank... I never heard him have a bad day. I have honestly never met anyone else like this in my whole life. Even if he stayed up all night drinking and talking, he would still deliver 150% the next day. From his performing, you'd think he was 22 years old, his whole life... but if you look at how much he accomplished, you'd think he lived to the age of 120.

He was very funny. Fond of British humor, like Monty Python. My best memories of the time with him are either him laughing at something I or someone else said, or me laughing at something he said, or any of the many running gags that he created.

His lyrics writing really has depths you don't immediately see when you read them first. Read them again and think.

He was very intelligent. He was without a question NOT some sort of devil worshipper or satanist. He grew up in a small town and was what I would call, just a "very decent person". He had higher morals than most people I have met, and definitely he had higher morals than I have. He just didn't particularly believe in God of the Christian bible, I think. But he was really spiritual and thought about deep issues, a lot.

I never saw him do any hard drugs. He was to me the embodiment of the idea: if you want to get anywhere, stay off the hard stuff.

There was the relentless charity work for "Children of the Night". But that you may have heard about already and can read more about on the internet, just google for the phrase.

I realize this may sound like I'm trying to paint too soft a picture. I am really racking my brains here and I couldn't think of anything bad to say about him even if I tried.

The only thing I can think of is that his character definitely had a surprising bite when something pissed him off, he didn't suffer fools lightly. If you were a fool in his path, and all options of patience, understanding and politeness had been exhausted, then he didn't hold back verbally... beware, fool, you might have two assholes all of a sudden, or your head might be rolling on the floor!

I of course found this extremely amusing (unless it was me who was the unwitting fool, which I think happened like, once.)

I don't exaggerate when I say I feel him being gone is a loss for humanity, but I still try to look at the glass as half full. Imagine if he would have died at 27 like so many other geniuses. As a listener I'm thankful for that grace, and as a person I'm thankful I got to know him.

We will all die at some point, he never beat around the bush when speaking or writing about death. Cancer sucks, and I don't know what I think would suck more, him gone today, or him alive for another year but in severe pain.

I'm also not sure if Ronnie would have wanted us to be too sad. (Of course, a bit sad! I'm not suggesting we go dancing in the streets with joy screaming "lolololololololo" like those crazy Palestinians after 9/11 here.)

He dedicated so much of his own life to bring happiness to other people. Let's mourn a genius and a great guy who is lost to us now. But let's mourn in a way that he constantly wrote about, by deciding that we should live each day, including this one, to its fullest, even if it is a sad day. You don't know if this day is your last day, and if it is you don't know what will follow.

The music he made will remain after me, or anyone reading this, will be gone. So unless you did already, put some of it on.

If it puts an evil grin on your face, then your day is better. That's all any musician can ask from you."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 18 Mai - 18:17

SAXON Singer Biff Byford On Passing Of RONNIE JAMES DIO - "Somewhere In The Night A Candle Burns For You"

SAXON singer Biff Byford has offered the following thoughts on the passing of legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

"Today I heard my friend Ronnie Dio has lost his battle. It is a great loss to us all. I first met Ronnie in the early eighties when we played with Black Sabbath and BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, the infamous Black And Blue tour. I first heard him sing on Butterfly Ball and from that moment I understood what great singing was all about, he was at the top of his game from then on. His voice was always powerful and soaring his phrasing was uniquely his, copied by many but never bettered. I will miss him as we all will. The last time we met was in Finland last year, both bands stranded in an airport with flight delays. What do you do, go to the bar, get drunk and tell rock and roll stories. He told great stories. Deepest condolences to his family.

Somewhere in the night a candle burns for you.

To absent friends."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 18 Mai - 18:24

WHITESNAKE Guitarist Doug Aldrich - "Rest Peacefully Ronnie"

WHITESNAKE guitarist Doug Aldrich, who has also performed with DIO, issued the following message yesterday, paying tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

"I'm going to miss him so much. We lost a Giant yesterday.... Just broken today.

I was blessed to share some music with him, but mostly, I am thankful his friendship. Ronnie was a good hearted caring man.

He brought so much happiness through his music. Thank you Ronnie for the gifts you shared with us.

Ronnie made Magic and Ronnie was and will always be Golden.

Goodbye Ronnie. Love you forever,

Doug."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 19 Mai - 22:16

RONNIE JAMES DIO - Wendy Dio Asks For Donations To Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund In Lieu Of Flowers

Wendy Dio, the wife/manager of late singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF), has asked that in lieu of sending flowers, please make a donation to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund. You may send your check or money orders to the Niji Entertainment Group, 12400 Ventura Blvd. #624, Studio City, CA, 91604.

Says Wendy Dio: "From all of us at the Niji Entertainment Group, we thank you for your very generous support!"

Ronnie James Dio lost his battle with stomach cancer on Sunday, May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67. Wendy Dio posted the following touching message on the Dio website:

"Today (May 16th) my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever."

Condolences can be left on Facebook.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 19 Mai - 22:18

DIO Drummer Simon Wright On RONNIE JAMES DIO - "I Feel Lucky And Blessed To Have Known Him"

DIO drummer Simon Wright (AC/DC, UFO, RHINO BUCKET) has issued the following message paying tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

"I lost my best friend. He was like a father to me. I tried so hard to help him win his battle; I was right there with him. He said to me one day, 'We're a team and we're gonna beat this.'

I know he loved you all and was helped by your cards and prayers. I am having a very tough time writing this, and I want you all to know I feel lucky and blessed to have known him. Now, he has no more pain.

I miss him so much."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 19 Mai - 23:19

PRETTY MAIDS Vocalist Ronnie Atkins Pays Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO; Audio Available

PRETTY MAIDS vocalist Ronnie Atkins spoke to Metal Assault in an interview and offered his tribute and condolences on the passing of legend RONNIE JAMES DIO. Listen below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 19 Mai - 23:21

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:28

Y&T's Dave Meniketti On RONNIE JAMES DIO - "His Impact On Me Has Been One Of Positivity"

Y&T's Dave Meniketti has posted the following message at his forum, paying tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

"I feel the necessity to say something about Ronnie to my friends here on this forum. At this current moment in time this is very difficult for me as I'm extremely saddened by the news of his passing so I may not so eloquently say exactly what I feel, but here it is, just the same.

Though I can only speak of Ronnie as an acquaintance, his impact on me has been one of positivity and I will forever remember his spirit. This is not simply because he has been so kind to me over his career, but because he has reinforced the feelings I have for the way one should lead their lives as an entertainer and as a man.

His talent speaks for itself, but his kindness to his fans and commitment to his art was exceptional. This man, with such an amazing and uncanny voice that had lasted for his entirety, has taught me a few things about how to be selfless, yet frank and unapologetic about life as a public figure and artist. As I have witnessed, Ronnie, no matter how tired, would greet every fan with true sincerity and complete attention, never belittling them, nor seeming to show any trace of being impatient with the commitment that comes with being a star.

When I think back as Y&T started our first of many shows on tour together for the Meanstreak record in 1983, I remember my feelings about hearing his voice for the first time. We had just walked into the hall as Dio was sound-checking. I had made it half way across the concert hall, looking for our backstage room as he started to sing. I stopped in my tracks and looked back in amazement as this incredibly huge voice bellowed out from the PA speakers. I was both taken aback and incredibly intimidated by his ability. Absolutely astonished, is all I could feel.

Since that time, the band had become friends with the Dio bunch and have had many interactions throughout the years after.

I remember when we were recording our Contagious CD how the guys were across the parking lot rehearsing and we would each hang out at each others places. I remember the full bar, in a road case, that Ronnie had for their rehearsals and thought "how cool is that". I remember Vinnie selflessly coming in the studio to help Jimmy work out how to play the beat to LA Rocks when he was having trouble with the groove.

And I mostly remember how Ronnie had entrusted me to be the first singer on the 'Stars' single for the Hear N' Aid project. His guidance as I sang the track was both knowledgeable and respectful, always in control and always a gentleman. I have many more personal memories that I will keep to myself, but suffice it to say that this man was a true star.

I terribly mourn the loss of him and celebrate him to the highest. We have all lost a legendary vocalist and, as far as I'm concerned, a fine man beyond reproach. For myself, I have lost what I considered a true friend in what can often be a cut-throat and unfriendly business.

Long live Ronnie James Dio."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:30

DEEP PURPLE Keyboardist JON LORD On Passing Of RONNIE JAMES DIO - "Goosebumps As Big As They Come"

Former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist JON LORD has offered the following thoughts on the passing of legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

"I would like, along with my wife and daughters, to express my sadness at the passing of Ronnie Dio.

A friend of many years standing and a truly delightful man. His voice was an instrument of power and of beauty, and was a seminal influence in rock music. His loss is even more devastating when considering how much more he would have had to offer us.

My heart goes out to dear Wendy, and my thoughts are also with Roger and Richie, who were so close to him for so long."

Read more here.

Dio and Deep Purple with The London Symphony Orchestra at The Royal Albert Hall in London on September 25th, 1999 performing 'Sitting In A Dream':
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:32

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:34

URIAH HEEP Guitarist Mick Box On RONNIE JAMES DIO - "He Was A True Gentleman Of The Highest Order, And A Shining Example To Us All"

URIAH HEEP guitarist Mick Box has posted the following tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

"This is a very sad day today, as we have lost one of the true great rock singers of our time, Ronnie James Dio.

He was a wonderful man, and whenever our paths crossed on the road we always shared a laugh or two, and I can honestly say he was a true gentleman of the highest order, and a shining example to us all. He will now be singing in rock n’ roll heaven which is our loss and their gain.

He will be sadly missed as a singer, writer and a friend, and he really did have a set of golden pipes that really set the standards for others to follow. There will surely not be another one like him, and his music will live on foreve
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:40

DOKKEN Worry Oakdale, Minnesota Officials With Bikerfest Ad

Katy Zillmer from Oakdalelakeelmoreview.com is reporting:

An advertised Bikerfest, headlined June 19 by the '80s heavy-metal band DOKKEN, already has the Oakdale City Council members and police department fretting about crowd control, noise and raucous fans.

The concert is a part of JW Bierstube's annual tent party June 18 and 19, the weekend before Oakdale's Summerfest. The party features ULTIMATE OZZY, an OZZY OSBOURNE tribute band, and SKID ROW on Friday night and local act UNCLE CHUNK opening on Saturday for Los Angeles-based Dokken, a classic '80s hair band.

The Bierstube is located on 10th Street in Bergen Plaza, which also has stores such as Rainbow Foods, K-mart and Anytime Fitness.

During a council workshop discussion last week, Mayor Carmen Sarrack worried the Bierstube event could turn into another "Stillwater fiasco."

He was referring to the free LYNYRD SKYNYRD concert that took place during Stillwater's Lumberjack Days in 2004. Tens of thousands of people descended on the downtown festival, and Stillwater police were not prepared to handle the unruly crowds. Eventually, reinforcements were brought in to maintain order.

For Oakdale officials, alarm bells went up when they realized Dokken's performance at the tent party was being advertised as a Bikerfest on its online calendar at www.dokken.net. The criminal element that can sometimes travel with bikers had them worried.

Read more here.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 14:52

VINNY APPICE, JON OLIVA, TOBIAS SAMMET, THE POODLES Remember RONNIE JAMES DIO

Vinny Appice (HEAVEN & HELL, DIO, BLACK SABBATH), Jon Oliva (TRANS-SIBERIAN ORCHESTRA, SAVATAGE), Tobias Sammet (EDGUY/AVANTASIA) and THE POODLES have offered the following thoughts on the passing of legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

Vinny Appice: "Hey Ron, I never thought the day would come so suddenly. Ronnie was everything to me. He was my best friend, he was my brother. I sat behind him on my drums each night and played, watching him sing, hearing his roaring voice thru my monitors. Every night he sent chills down my spine with his singing, inspiring me to push it further and play the best I can to the limit. I always knew how lucky I was to be in a band with him, but to become friends was even more special. When I met Ronnie I was a kid, 21 years old, eyes wide opened. He took me under his wing, he showed me the way, he was the greatest teacher and inspiration in my life and most of all, the greatest rock singer in the world! My heart is so broken. We are now in a world without him and I will miss him so much. I can only think of how fortunate I was to make music with him that was in his heart. Music that will remain to be listened to by all his fans all over the world, whom he adored and loved! Ronnie I love you man!!"

Jon Oliva: "Two days have passed and I still cannot come to grips with the tragic passing of Ronnie James Dio. My heart is sad once again. I have always considered Ronnie as a God, a hero, a pioneer, a legend, and one of the nicest people I have ever met. Ronnie gave Savatage their first break when he took us on tour so many years ago. We were so young and did so many stupid things on that tour. But Ronnie let it all go, and took care of us. The world has lost more than an icon...we lost so much more than that this past Sunday. I can't properly express my sadness. Thank you, Ronnie, and for all you have given us as a musician, but most of all for your sweet and caring soul. You will be missed, and we will celebrate your life forever."

Tobias Sammet: "It is impossible to find any words for what went through my head and what Ronnie means for me as a vocalist, and as a fan boy too. He gave us so much enchanting music, poetic lyrics and great vocals. To me he was the epitome of the perfect heavy metal vocalist. With Edguy we have had the chance to share the stage with Ronnie on several occasions and so I've been given the opportunity to meet him about ten years ago. He was a very nice person with a tremendous charisma who made you feel very appreciated in his environment. I wanted to have him on several Avantasia albums but the schedule never allowed it; he was always busy, always had many things on his schedule, a real workaholic and full of visions and enthusiasm. Ronnie, you will always be remembered as one of the biggest vocalists in the history of music! Rock'n'roll will never forget you - rest in peace!"

The Poodles: "The light in the dark and one of our childhood heroes died Sunday morning. We will always honour and remember your humble ways, outstanding performance and music that will live with us forever. Thank you for your gift to generations of music lovers. May there be light on your way to the other side."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 15:09

IMPELLITTERI - RONNIE JAMES DIO "Was The Greatest Metal Singer Of All Time"

IMPELLITTERI guitarist and namesake Chris Impellitteri has offered the following thoughts on the passing of legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

"We are saddened by the passing of Ronnie James Dio. In our opinion, Ronnie was the greatest metal singer of all time. His unique vocal style influenced legions of metal singers around the globe. His music was addictive, unique, and powerful !

Dio deserves to go down in the history books with ELVIS, LENNON, and MICHAEL JACKSON. Ronnie was the voice of metal and inspired an entire world to stand up and shout !!

At last years Sweden Rock Festival Impellitteri performed on the headlining stage with Heaven & Hell which was a complete honor!! As a child I use to go see Ronnie play in the arenas with Black Sabbath, and now many years later having played on the same stage with him was mind blowing!! And I can tell you we worked our asses off to play great because we knew he would deliver when he took the stage!!

I personally met Ronnie a few times and he even bought me a drink!! He was a true gentlemen and inspiration to everyone in my band!

I am now and always will be a Dio fan.

Long Live Ronnie James Dio!!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 15:12

GEEZER BUTLER On Passing Of RONNIE JAMES DIO - "I Have Never Seen So Many Tributes From So Many Musicians And Fans, So Many Good Wishes, No Cynicism, Just Pure Love And Appreciation For A Great Man"

Legendary BLACK SABBATH/HEAVEN & HELL bassist Geezer Butler has offered the following thoughts on the passing of his bandmate and "soul mate" RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

"It’s impossible to express in mere words the relationship Ronnie and I, Wendy and my wife Gloria had. He was much more than a friend, fellow musician, band mate. If I have a soul, then he is part of it. I truly believe God, fate, destiny, whatever it’s called, brought us together again in 2006, after not seeing each other for 14 years, to do one final tour, which turned into 3 major tours and an album. We were having a blast together, enjoying each other’s company more than we had ever done before, talking about maybe doing one more album, when fate intervened again. We were planning on doing a 2 or 3 part North American tour, after having toured South America and Europe in Spring /Summer 2009, but on the first leg of the North American tour, Tony’s hand ligaments were in a bad way, Vinny’s shoulder became dislocated, and Ronnie was having terrible stomach pains. We decided to cut the tour, get healthy, and carry on the following year. Tony and Vinny had successful procedures to fix their ailments, but Ronnie’s stomach pains were worsening. I saw him at the Dio Halloween party, but he wasn’t drinking, unusual for Ronnie who liked his tipple. He was telling me he had made an appointment with a specialist, to see what it was…..

Wednesday, May 12th

Wendy invited Gloria and I to lunch in Santa Barbara. A few close friends of Ronnie and Wendy, Omar, Simon, Paul, Tim, and Diana, had dropped by. Ronnie had no appetite whatsoever- the disease and the chemotherapy were taking an immense toll. As usual, we talked sports and had a laugh together- it would be the last time. That night, I had a beautiful email from him, that I will treasure forever. I sent him an email saying I’d see him during the following week.

Friday, May 14th

Wendy called to say she had taken Ronnie to hospital. The pain had become unbearable. We got to the hospital around 2 p.m. The doctor eventually sedated him. More and more friends were coming to visit- we took it in turns to hold Ronnie’s hand, and whisper our thoughts to him. Wendy wouldn’t leave his side- she stayed curled up on his bed the whole night. Gloria’s assistant, Debi, kept her company. I emailed Tony to prepare him for bad news.

Saturday, May 15th

There was no mistaking Ronnie’s room. There were around 25 to 30 friends outside his room. We knew the end was imminent. We all wanted to say our goodbyes. It was a day filled with tears and reflection. In the evening, the chaplain came, and we all gathered around Ronnie’s bed and prayed. Ronnie wasn’t going easily. At 11 p.m., most of us left, leaving Wendy her privacy to say her last farewell. The devastation was palpable.

Sunday, May 16th

7.46 a.m. As we were preparing to leave for the hospital, Gloria called Wendy to see if she wanted a coffee or any breakfast- she broke the sad news. Ronnie had just passed away.

Wendy Dio has been a true saint through all this. She has been with Ronnie every step of the way. Her courage has amazed us all. Even as I write, she is ensuring Ronnie has the finest send off possible. God bless you, Wendel.

Most people who were there for those last days chose to keep their thoughts private. I wanted to keep my thoughts private, too, but I’ve been overwhelmed by emails, and requests from the media and fans for comments.

I can truly say I’ve never known anyone to have such loyal, loving friends, fans, and family as Ronnie. He really was a special person, blessed with a unique voice and presence. He loved his fans - he would stay meeting and talking to them until the early hours of the morning. One of my fondest memories of him comes from last year, at the Sonisphere Festival, Knebworth. He noticed my sister and her husband at the side of the stage. During our opening song, he took the time to go over and hug them. Just a little thing like that made him special to me. Of course his music will live on forever, as will his influence. I have never seen so many tributes from so many musicians and fans, so many good wishes, no cynicism, just pure love and appreciation for a great man.

God bless you Ronald – thank you so much for the wonderful memories."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 20 Mai - 19:40

RONNIE STIXX, NEIL TURBIN Issue Tributes To RONNIE JAMES DIO

BLOOD REDSKIES/ex-VICIOUS RUMORS vocalist Ronnie Stixx and DEATHRIDERS/ex-ANTHRAX singer Neil Turbin have issued the following messages, paying tribute to vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO, who passed away on May 16th at the age of 67 after losing his battle with stomach cancer:

RONNIE STIXX - "It has taking me a few days to take in the death of my hero... When I heard he had cancer, I said to myself, 'he is going to beat this' and when I heard he passed, I was crushed.

When I heard the news of his passing on Sunday morning, I canceled a gig that I had booked that same night with my BLACK SABBATH/DIO tribute MOB RULES.

There are just no words any one can say to ease the pain of this loss. Ronnie James Dio took us on a journey deep with our minds and soul... with a voice of an angel that no else has ever done. And has given us the sign of things metal - "the mighty metal horns".

Ronnie has now truly earned his Wings Of Steel in Heaven. There is only thing one can say about Ronnie Jame Dio - LONG LIVE THE KING OF ROCK-N-ROLL.

He will forever be our Rainbow In The Dark."

NEIL TURBIN - "As a teenager, I got to witness the Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult Concert live! at the Nassau Colosseum (actual concert they recorded the Black and Blue Film) in 1980. I was knocked back in my seat by the power of Ronnie James Dio’s vocals and the the sound of Black Sabbath combined with the visual of giant crosses and flames lighting up the arena and explosive pyrotechnics echoing throughout!

I did see the amazing KISS Alive II tour at Madison Square Garden in 1978, but I had never witnessed anything as powerful and heavy as Ronnie Dio singing Heaven and Hell in 1980. I even got to see Blizzard of Ozz and meet Ozzy and the incredible Randy Rhoads in Def Leppard ‘s dressing room when they were introducing themselves, but my first and most distinctive concert memory was the power and the fury that was emanating from Ronnie and Black Sabbath. I had always perked up when I heard Rainbow with Ronnie James Dio singing on the radio or at a friends house. Ronnie James Dio’s mighty soaring vocals stood out above any other vocalist period. As they say good things come in small packages. In Ronnie’s case, he had such a consistent super powerful voice with great tone, poise, stage persona, charisma and ultimate confidence. Ronnie James Dio: The King of Heavy Metal.

Through my association of working with Dio keyboardist Claude Schnell from 1996 to 1999 on his solo material/project, I had the opportunity to meet Ronnie James Dio for the first time at Vinny Appice’s birthday party at a Mexican restaurant in Northridge, CA. It was a dream come true and a great honor for me, that Ronnie was so personable and down to earth, but even went out of his way to buy me a drink when Claude told Ronnie that I was singing for him at the time. I later went with Claude to see Dio perform at the Galaxy Theater with Tracy G. I told Claude that nothing could top the Dio The Last in Line Tour concert I saw in Paris in 1984, except that Black and Blue concert in 1980. I also told this to Vinny when we went to his house later that night after his birthday party.

In 2004 I met RJD and Craig Goldy backstage at Scorpions/Whitesnake at Universal Ampitheater and Ronnie remembered me. Unlike the NAMM shows where Ronnie is always mobbed signing autographs and I never really had the chance to speak with him there. This time was different. I told Ronnie that I saw many of his great performances including a show at the Greek Theatre when Anthrax was opening as I was walking in from the parking lot. I couldn’t believe that the place was more than half empty for Anthrax and less than 3/4 full for a Dio concert, but that didn’t matter, Dio still roared and commanded the stage. I told Ronnie that I was amazed by his stage presence and persona, not just his great voice. Then I asked Ronnie: 'What exactly are you thinking about when you are on that stage?' Ronnie looked at me straight in the eyes with pure tenacity and said to me, 'That’s MY Stage!!!!”

I’ll never forget that look that Ronnie gave me when he told me this and the honest talent and confidence that he possessed. Ronnie wasn’t about ego, he was real people, with no BS. I will always remember Ronnie not only for his soaring voice and his medievel lyrics and great visual imagery, but for his great spirit and honest persona. Ronnie was not afraid to tell it like it is, but he was a true gentleman and had great class. I was blessed with the opportunity to know Ronnie James Dio personally and he was a wonderful person, who was willing to be completely honest with me and share his knowledge and experience. For that I have a deep respect for him for the way he treated me.

Ronnie James Dio was a true four star General of Rock Royalty. Ronnie James Dio was to heavy metal what Elvis was to Rock ‘n’ Roll!!!! Ronnie James Dio is The King Of Heavy Metal!!!!

My sincere condolences and support to Wendy Dio, Rock Feinstein and to Ronnie’s family and friends for your great loss. Ronnie, Thank you for rocking hard til the end! You are the true Hero of Heavy Metal! and an inspiration to us all for generations!!!!

Farewell Dio, Great King Of Heavy Metal

RIP Ronnie James Dio 1942-2010."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 21 Mai - 21:11

Ronnie James Dio
We are filled with great sadness at the terrible news about our friend Ronnie James Dio - our condolences and love go to Wendy and Ronnie's family - Ronnie was a wonderful man and will be sorely missed.

ROB, GLENN, K.K., IAN & SCOTT
16th May, 2010
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 21 Mai - 21:22

R.I.P. Dio - Andre Matos' tribute to the metal legend
The sad news is already known by all metal heads: Ronnie James Dio, the legendary vocalist of Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell and Dio, has left us on May 16th, 2010.

Here is Andre Matos' tribute to this metal legend, that he wanted us to post here: we post it both in Portuguese and English.
You'll also find below an exclusive video of Andre Matos performing "Holy Diver" with the Clairvoyants, last year in Italy.

Rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio...

"O Deus Humano", por Andre Matos

Neste momento em que todos estamos sentindo a falta de Dio e vários músicos vêm prestando suas homenagens e tributos, gostaria de falar sobre o lado humano de Ronnie.
Conheci Dio no México, na cidade de Monterrey. Na ocasião éramos uma das atrações de um festival que reunia, entre outros, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Dokken e Dio. Na chegada ao aeroporto, ao aguardar as bagagens junto à esteira, eis que se aproxima um ser de porte mínimo - porém de carisma inconfundível. Dio me estende a mão como se fôssemos velhos amigos: "How are you?"... Confesso que fiquei um pouco paralisado, sem saber o que responder naquele instante. "Fine, and you?" - devo ter dito. Realmente não lembro quase nada desse diálogo. Ao mesmo tempo em que me encontrava cara a cara com uma das poucas lendas vivas do rock, podia perceber a naturalidade e a gentileza com que Dio se dirigia às pessoas. O que, de certa forma, me tranquilizou: passamos então, bons 20 minutos conversando sobre vários assuntos antes de partir para o hotel.

Mas a maior surpresa estava reservada para o dia seguinte: por um capricho do acaso - ou da assessoria de imprensa do festival - fui escalado para, juntamente com Dio, percorrer os principais canais de televisão e rádio, para juntos fazermos a divulgação do evento. Foi aí que conheci a pessoa por trás do mito.

Passamos o dia inteiro indo de um lugar a outro, almoçamos e jantamos juntos, e tempo não faltou para que Ronnie me contasse várias das incríveis passagens de sua vida. Me surpreendeu por diversas vezes ao insistir para que eu respondesse a várias das perguntas que eram dirigidas a ele nas entrevistas. Surpreendeu ainda por seus atos de gentileza, tais como puxar a cadeira para alguém sentar ou ajudar alguém a vestir a jaqueta. Ronnie não precisava fazer isso. Mas fazia questão. Aquele pequeno homem impressionava pela vitalidade.

No dia do show, desnecessário dizer que a sua apresentação foi, de longe, a melhor da noite. Assisti da primeira fila e me emocionei ao lembrar meus primeiros anos no metal. Nunca cantamos juntos no mesmo palco - mas naquele momento, cantei junto todos os seus hinos, da platéia. Foi um dos melhores shows que já assisti.

A notícia do câncer de Dio foi ao mesmo tempo triste e enfática. Todos nos orgulhávamos de que o metal parecesse imortalizado na figura de Ronnie. Sempre foi um alento para qualquer vocalista saber que poderíamos envelhecer como Dio - e com a voz intocada! Mas nesse caso, nem mesmo Deus (Dio, em italiano) é imortal. A hora chegou para o nosso ancião.

Dio morreu aos 67 anos: foi e será um dos maiores exemplos de integridade neste meio musical, um cara simples e humano, um monstro sagrado.
E, se fosse possível falar com os mortos, como nos sonhos, certamente estenderia a mão para ele como um velho conhecido e perguntaria: "How are you?"... "Fine, very fine", ele responderia!
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 21 Mai - 21:24

"The human god", by Andre Matos

In this moment when we're all missing Dio and when several musicians have been paying their respects and tribute to him, I'd like to talk about Ronnie's human side.

I met Dio in Mexico, in the city of Monterrey. On this occasion we were one of the bands playing in a festival including, among others, Twisted Sister, Quiet Riot, Dokken and Dio. We arrived at the airport and while waiting for our luggage by the baggage belt, this minimal-sized human being - but with a huge, evident charisma - came close to me. Dio held his hand out to me as if we were old friends: "How are you?"... I have to say I was a little bit paralized, I didn't know what to reply in that moment. I must have replied "Fine, and you?". I can hardly remember anything of this dialogue. While I was face to face with one of the few living legends of rock, I could appreciate how naturally and kindly Dio talked to people. This, in a certain way, eased me up: we then spent about 20 minutes talking about various subjects before leaving for the hotel.

But the biggest surprise was yet to come: the next day, by chance - or thanks to the festival's press crew - I was asked to go to the main TV and radio stations together with Dio, so that we could promote the event together. That's when I got to meet the person behind the myth.

We spent the whole day going from one place to another, we had lunch together, and there was more than enough time for Dio to tell me about many amazing episodes of his life. He surprised me many times by insisting I replied to several questions asked directly to him during the interviews. He also surprised me with his acts of kindness, such as pulling the chair for someone to seat or helping someone dress their jacket. Ronnie didn't need to do any of this. But he insisted. That little man impressed me with his vitality.

The day of the concert arrived - and, needless to say, his performance was, by far, the best of the night. I watched it from the front row and I was touched because I recalled my first years in metal. We've never sung together on the same stage - but at that moment I sang along each and every of his hymns from the audience. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

The news about Dio's cancer was at the same time sad and emphatic. We were all proud that metal seemed to be immortalized in Ronnie's image. It's always been a relief for any singer to know we could grow old like Dio - and remain with our voices untouched! But in this case, not even God (Dio in italian) is immortal. The time has come for our elder.

Dio died at age 67: he was and will always be one of the biggest examples of integrity in this music world, a simple and human guy, a holy monster. And, would it be possible to talk to the dead, as it happens in dreams, I would certainly hold my hand out to him like an old friend and ask him: "How are you?"... "Fine, very fine" he'd answer!
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 21 Mai - 23:25

TIM RIPPER OWENS Pays Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO

TIM RIPPER OWENS (CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, HAIL!, ex-JUDAS PRIEST) has issued the following statement paying tribute to legendary vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO:

"A sad day, just a very sad day!!! We have lost a great human being and the best singer of rock in the world... Ronnie was my hero and my friend, I will miss him and his kind words, he taught me so much on stage and off stage.

I also would like so say that my heart is heavy for Wendy Dio, and we should all keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I Do not think of Wendy without Ronnie and I don't think of Ronnie without Wendy, we all love you Wendy... and we all will miss you Ronnie and we love you for everything you have given us!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Sam 22 Mai - 23:04

YNGWIE MALMSTEEN On Passing Of RONNIE JAMES DIO - "He Lives Forever In Our Hearts And Will Never Be A Equaled"

Swedish guitar hero YNGWIE MALMSTEEN has issued the following statement regarding passing of legendary vocalist RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on Sunday, May 16th at 7:45 AM PST at the age of 67:

"I’m deeply saddened by the devastating news. Ronnie was a dear friend and without a doubt the most brilliant of all Rock sirens. He lives forever in our hearts and will never be a equaled. Long Live Ronnie James Dio."

Malmsteen donated his guitar to the city of Bologna during the inauguration of Music Italy Show last Saturday, May 15th. When asked how he felt about headlining the Music Italy show and now the donation to the City Of Bologna, Malmsteen responded: “This is huge honor for me, I love Italy and the Italian people, they know how to love and appreciate music."

The ceremony opened with a by the 65-piece Giuseppe Verdi Marching Band followed by Malmsteen signing and presenting his guitar to the City Of Bologna.

Check out a video report plus Ultimate World Guitar Exhibition (with Glenn Hughes, George Lynch, Doug Aldrich, Neil Murray Gregg Bissonette Derek Sherinian) and Italian clinic footage below:
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   

RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 3 sur 6Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant