Partagez | 

RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P

Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Aller en bas 
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant
AuteurMessage
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 1 Juin - 21:40

DORO PESCH On RONNIE JAMES DIO - "I Love Him So Much And Miss Him So Deeply"

Metal queen DORO PESCH has offered the following thoughts on the passing of legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on Sunday, May 16th at 7:45 AM (PST) at the age of 67:

"I'm so sad and heartbroken - it's hard to even believe what has happened. It feels like losing one of my best friends. Ronnie was such an incredible inspiration to me both as a musician and as a person. His tremendous talent, the depth of his voice, his sincere personality... it’s difficult to put into words the wonderful soul that he was to his friends and fans around the world. I’ve never seen a musician be as good to their fans the way Ronnie was. I’m so grateful that we were able to support DIO many times throughout the years. Ronnie meant the world to me. I love him so much and miss him so deeply. Rest in peace, Ronnie. Your spirit will live on forever. We love you.”

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Voir le profil de l'utilisateur http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Jeu 3 Juin - 19:27

May 30th Declared RONNIE JAMES DIO Day In Los Angeles

Chris Martins from Laweekly.com is reporting:

The Los Angeles City Council has officially declared May 30th RONNIE JAMES DIO Day. The announcement was made at Sunday's public memorial service for the recently deceased, metal singer.

Event MC Eddie Trunk, the host of VH1 Classic's That Metal Show, announced the news to those 1,200 mourners gathered inside of Forest Lawn's Hall of Liberty, as well as the hundreds more who crowded the courtyards of the Griffith Park cemetery.

Read more here.

Here's the official statement from Koretz posted on Trunk's website:

"I would like to adjourn in memory of Ronnie James Dio. Born Ronald James Padavona, in Portsmouth New Hampshire in 1942. He had an amazing career in music, marked by tremendous successes with heavy metal bands ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH and DIO. He began his career playing with rockabilly bands in the late 1950s, and gained wide exposure in 1972 while his band, Elf, as the opening act for DEEP PURPLE. In 1979, he replaced Ozzy Osbourne as the front man of Black Sabbath. He toured with Black Sabbath until 1982, by then he had formed his own group, Dio.

Ronnie's charisma on stage was complemented by his compassion offstage. As an organizer for the non-profit organization Children of the Night, he was dedicated to the cause of assisting children who were forcefully subjected to prostitute themselves on the streets. Since 1979, this organization has provided victims of forced prostitution with intervention and counseling, as well as a roof over their heads and a place to sleep.

He is survived by his wife, Wendy, who is chair of Children Of The Night, and his son, Daniel, his father, Pat Padavona, and two grandchildren.

For his countless fans and admirers, there will be a public memorial service this Sunday, May 30th at 2:00 PM at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills.

Council member Paul Koretz"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 4 Juin - 12:11

ARMORED SAINT - Better Quality Footage Available For RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute

ARMORED SAINT bassist Joey Vera has issued the following update:

"I just want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who came out to the House of Blues show last Friday. You guys made it a really special gig for us. Aside from the few glitches here and there, we hope you all enjoyed the set. The band truly had a great time.

(Below is) a better version of the tribute we paid to RONNIE JAMES DIO. There's one out there already I know, but this one is better quality."

Footage of Armored Saint performing 'Reign Of Fire'/'Long Live Rock And Roll' can be seen below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 4 Juin - 12:12

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 4 Juin - 13:49

GLENN HUGHES Remembers RONNIE JAMES DIO In New Video

GLENN HUGHES (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) filmed a message just prior to attending the memorial service for RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) which was held on May 30th at the Hall Of Liberty at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, CA. Check out the tribute clip below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 4 Juin - 13:50

Hughes was asked to perform at the memorial by Ronnie's wife/manager Wendy Dio. He sang two songs during the service: 'Coast To Coast' (one of Ronnie's favourite songs by Glenn), and 'Catch The Rainbow' by Rainbow.

Watch fan-filmed video footage below:
bru_dall

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 6 Juin - 0:44

RONNIE JAMES DIO - Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund Offering Special Memorial Package

BW&BK has received the following RONNIE JAMES DIO press release:

For all the Ronnie James Dio fans that were unable to attend his memorial service on May 30th, you can now make a $35.00 donation to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund and get the special Dio memorial package which includes a T-shirt (see image on left, click to enlarge), the memorial booklet and the memorial button.

The shirts come in the following sizes: M, L, XL, 2XL and 3XL. California residents, please add .0975% sales tax. Shipping for the USA, Canada and Mexico is $10.50, shipping for the rest of the world is $15.00. You can pay via PayPal on RonnieJamesDio.com or you can send cash, check or money order to:

The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund
12400 Ventura Blvd. #837
Studio City, CA 91604
USA

Please include your shirt size when ordering on PayPal or sending a check.

The Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund mission statement:

The Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund was formed to bring awareness and education about cancer with the understanding that cancer screening and prevention is of vital importance in avoiding this deadly disease that robs families of their loved ones.

The philosophy stems from the notion that "Knowledge Equals Power." Cancer screening allows people to effectively plan strategies to deal with the disease early on and affords a better chance to overcome the cancer.

The fund is committed to providing free cancer screening programs and testing to all people regardless of their ability to pay.

The foundation will support community outreach programs and help provide the necessary equipment and personnel to test and screen people for cancer.

The fund also provides financial support to those individuals and families afflicted with cancer that cannot access treatment due to the overwhelming financial burden of medical treatments.

-- The fund is committed to the early detection and prevention of cancer through facilitating access to medical screening and medical educational programs.

-- The fund supports programs designed to integrate medical knowledge into local communities such as cancer screening programs, education on nutrition in cancer prevention, exercise and overall wellness.

-- The goal of the fund is to reduce the risk of developing life threatening cancers by offering access to preventative medical services.

-- Furthering the commitment for patients to access to quality medical care related to cancer, the fund seeks to assist families burdened by the cost of caring for loved ones with cancer.

Ronnie James Dio died from stomach cancer May 16th at age 67.

As previously reported, Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) filmed a message just prior to attending the memorial service for RONNIE JAMES DIO (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) which was held on May 30th at the Hall Of Liberty at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, CA. Check out the tribute clip below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 6 Juin - 23:16

RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Featured On BLACK SABBATH Website, Exclusive Video Footage From Final Show Available

Joe Siegler, webmaster for the BLACK SABBATH website www.black-sabbath.com, has posted a tribute to RONNIE JAMES DIO. An excerpt is available below:

Back in early 1982 (or was it Christmas 1981 - I don't remember now), I was leafing through the pages of one of the rock rags at the time (either Circus or Creem), and saw the cover art for the Mob Rules album in a magazine. I wondered what kind of music would go with that kind of artwork. So I headed down the record store, and bought a pre-recorded cassette tape of The Mob Rules. Brought it home, stuck it in, and heard the opening riffs of 'Turn Up The Night'. I was stinkin' blown away. That was my introduction to the world of Black Sabbath at all. It was my first Black Sabbath album, so the Dio era has a special significance to me. The Ozzy era is what it is, and we wouldn't have the Dio era without that. But the Dio era seemed much stronger musically to me on a ton of levels. Whether it was the writing or the lyrics or what, I don't know. But Ronnie James Dio had a big part in the music I listened to.

Sadly, Black Sabbath had just left Philadelphia (where I was living at the time) - they played there in early December 1981 (although Joe K saw 'em!), and as such I had to wait quite awhile to see Black Sabbath with Dio (slightly over a decade). Sadly, the Dio era of Black Sabbath was to fold before too long, and I was pretty sad about that. The first thing Black Sabbath released after I got into the band was the Live Evil album. At the time, I thought it was pretty cool, but over time it seems flat. It was supplanted by the Live at Hammersmith album, but enough of the history of Sabbath. It's supposed to be about my thoughts.

When it was announced that Ronnie was coming back to Black Sabbath in 1991, I was rather overjoyed. I was looking forward to seeing him with Black Sabbath finally. I'd seen Ronnie several times with Dio inbetween his first two Black Sabbath stints (5 times), and enjoyed the heck out of the show in August 1992. Sadly, that broke up again not long after that. I continued to follow Dio through the various Dio incarnations, and his third stint in Black Sabbath (more commonly known as HEAVEN & HELL).

I finally met Ronnie for the first time face to face in 2007 when I was backstage after the Dallas concert on that tour. I had been talking to Tony & Geezer before that, partially about a practical joke I ran back in April of 2007 about Dio quitting the band yet again. When Ronnie came out, he was in part of his stage garb, and was carrying a glass of wine. I waited my turn, and introduced myself, leading off with a story about how I crossed his wife and was sorry about that. Ronnie replied, 'Well, we've all been there, no worries on that.' We chatted about some of his pre-ELF material, I talked about my Sabbath website, we exchanged pleseantries. Nothing in the conversation that in and of itself was anything totally epic in scope. Just the fact of WHO I was talking to. I also joked with him a bit about George W. Bush (someone he strongly did not like), and referred to him as 'your buddy.' Ronnie replied with 'He's not MY buddy - fuck you too!' We had a laugh about it, and shook hands and parted on nice terms. I didn't have a stopwatch with me, but we talked probably for about 10 minutes, which is an eternity to talk to any one person backstage, let alone a fan like myself."

Go to this location for more.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 6 Juin - 23:24

This is video from Ronnie James Dio's final concert ever - fronting Heaven & Hell (aka the Dio version of Black Sabbath). It was in Atlantic City, NJ on August 29, 2009 - the final date of the "The Devil You Know" tour. I had two friends travel there in my name and filmed some footage, mostly of the interview type. However, my friends were granted permission to film one song, that being the first one, "The Mob Rules". What we didn't realize at the time was that this clip ended up being the final time that Ronnie ever took the stage for a concert ever.

Those of us at black-sabbath.com are glad to finally be able to bring this video to you. Thanks to Gloria Butler, Wendy Dio, & Ralph Baker for allowing me permission to use this online. A huge thanks to Damian for actually going there and filming this stuff.

I hope you enjoy this footage from Ronnie's final concert. The band did not professionally film this concert, so other than a few short clips from people's iPhones and whatnot, this is the only video clip that you'll see from Ronnie's final concert."
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 6 Juin - 23:43

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, MR. BIG, CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, ENUFF Z' NUFF Members Pay Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO In New The Right To Rock Podcast

TheRighttoRock.com has issued their latest podcast (episode #101), featuring Tracy G (ex-DIO), Eric Martin (MR. BIG) Paul Shortino (ex-ROUGH CUTT), Donni Vie (ENUFF Z' NUFF), Richard Christy (CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, ex-DEATH) and Rudy Sarzo (Dio, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT). These various artists took time out of their busy schedules to discuss their memories with the late RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM at the age of 67. Each artist shares a memory with Ronnie as well as their favorite track from his vast catalog.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 8 Juin - 18:58

RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Featured On BLACK SABBATH Website, Exclusive Video Footage From Final Show Available

Joe Siegler, webmaster for the BLACK SABBATH website www.black-sabbath.com, has posted a tribute to RONNIE JAMES DIO. An excerpt is available below:

Back in early 1982 (or was it Christmas 1981 - I don't remember now), I was leafing through the pages of one of the rock rags at the time (either Circus or Creem), and saw the cover art for the Mob Rules album in a magazine. I wondered what kind of music would go with that kind of artwork. So I headed down the record store, and bought a pre-recorded cassette tape of The Mob Rules. Brought it home, stuck it in, and heard the opening riffs of 'Turn Up The Night'. I was stinkin' blown away. That was my introduction to the world of Black Sabbath at all. It was my first Black Sabbath album, so the Dio era has a special significance to me. The Ozzy era is what it is, and we wouldn't have the Dio era without that. But the Dio era seemed much stronger musically to me on a ton of levels. Whether it was the writing or the lyrics or what, I don't know. But Ronnie James Dio had a big part in the music I listened to.

Sadly, Black Sabbath had just left Philadelphia (where I was living at the time) - they played there in early December 1981 (although Joe K saw 'em!), and as such I had to wait quite awhile to see Black Sabbath with Dio (slightly over a decade). Sadly, the Dio era of Black Sabbath was to fold before too long, and I was pretty sad about that. The first thing Black Sabbath released after I got into the band was the Live Evil album. At the time, I thought it was pretty cool, but over time it seems flat. It was supplanted by the Live at Hammersmith album, but enough of the history of Sabbath. It's supposed to be about my thoughts.

When it was announced that Ronnie was coming back to Black Sabbath in 1991, I was rather overjoyed. I was looking forward to seeing him with Black Sabbath finally. I'd seen Ronnie several times with Dio inbetween his first two Black Sabbath stints (5 times), and enjoyed the heck out of the show in August 1992. Sadly, that broke up again not long after that. I continued to follow Dio through the various Dio incarnations, and his third stint in Black Sabbath (more commonly known as HEAVEN & HELL).

I finally met Ronnie for the first time face to face in 2007 when I was backstage after the Dallas concert on that tour. I had been talking to Tony & Geezer before that, partially about a practical joke I ran back in April of 2007 about Dio quitting the band yet again. When Ronnie came out, he was in part of his stage garb, and was carrying a glass of wine. I waited my turn, and introduced myself, leading off with a story about how I crossed his wife and was sorry about that. Ronnie replied, 'Well, we've all been there, no worries on that.' We chatted about some of his pre-ELF material, I talked about my Sabbath website, we exchanged pleseantries. Nothing in the conversation that in and of itself was anything totally epic in scope. Just the fact of WHO I was talking to. I also joked with him a bit about George W. Bush (someone he strongly did not like), and referred to him as 'your buddy.' Ronnie replied with 'He's not MY buddy - fuck you too!' We had a laugh about it, and shook hands and parted on nice terms. I didn't have a stopwatch with me, but we talked probably for about 10 minutes, which is an eternity to talk to any one person backstage, let alone a fan like myself."

Go to this location for more.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 8 Juin - 19:01

This is video from Ronnie James Dio's final concert ever - fronting Heaven & Hell (aka the Dio version of Black Sabbath). It was in Atlantic City, NJ on August 29, 2009 - the final date of the "The Devil You Know" tour. I had two friends travel there in my name and filmed some footage, mostly of the interview type. However, my friends were granted permission to film one song, that being the first one, "The Mob Rules". What we didn't realize at the time was that this clip ended up being the final time that Ronnie ever took the stage for a concert ever.

Those of us at black-sabbath.com are glad to finally be able to bring this video to you. Thanks to Gloria Butler, Wendy Dio, & Ralph Baker for allowing me permission to use this online. A huge thanks to Damian for actually going there and filming this stuff.

I hope you enjoy this footage from Ronnie's final concert. The band did not professionally film this concert, so other than a few short clips from people's iPhones and whatnot, this is the only video clip that you'll see from Ronnie's final concert
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mar 8 Juin - 20:38

BLUE ÖYSTER CULT, MR. BIG, CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, ENUFF Z' NUFF Members Pay Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO In New The Right To Rock Podcast

TheRighttoRock.com has issued their latest podcast (episode #101), featuring Tracy G (ex-DIO), Eric Martin (MR. BIG) Paul Shortino (ex-ROUGH CUTT), Donni Vie (ENUFF Z' NUFF), Richard Christy (CHARRED WALLS OF THE DAMNED, ex-DEATH) and Rudy Sarzo (Dio, BLUE ÖYSTER CULT). These various artists took time out of their busy schedules to discuss their memories with the late RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) who lost his battle with stomach cancer on May 16th at 7:45 AM at the age of 67. Each artist shares a memory with Ronnie as well as their favorite track from his vast catalog.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 16 Juin - 22:46

MANOWAR - 'Heaven And Hell' Audio Sample Available

In anticipation of the release of Magic - A Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO, MANOWAR have posted a sample of their contribution to this one-of-a-kind tribute CD online. A snippet of 'Heaven And Hell', their powerful rendition of this BLACK SABBATH classic, is available for streaming here..

Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio is a tribute CD, commandeered by Manowar and Magic Circle Music, that honors the legacy of Ronnie James Dio.

"Heavy Metal has lost a great artist and a true gentleman. I had the privilege of being his friend and, along with other friends and admirers, I wish to honor him," says Manowar bassist Joey DeMaio.

In addition to Manowar, the musical salute to the man who inspired legions of headbangers the world over features performances by HOLYHELL, METALFORCE, AWAKEN, AVIGAL, CROSSWIND, DEAN CASCIONE, HARLET and more.

The CD, part one of a two part tribute, will feature new interpretations of classics like 'Holy Diver', 'Heaven And Hell', 'I Speed At Night' and 'Catch The Rainbow', among others.

So, head on over to the Manowar merch booth and be the first to get a copy of Magic - A Tribute To Ronnie James Dio.

The CD will also be available at the merchandise booth at Magic Circle Festival IV @ Metalcamp 2010 on July 11th and at Masters Of Rock on July 16th.

MP3s will be available for immediate download at The Kingdom Of Steel Online Store very soon. Stay tuned.

For more info log on to MagicCircleMusic.com.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 18 Juin - 22:01

RONNIE JAMES DIO - New Half Hour Video Tribute Available

Bay Area Backstage has uploaded a new half hour-plus video tribute to late singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) featuring both interview and performance clips. Check it out below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 18 Juin - 22:01

On May 16th, Dio passed away and the world of music mourned the loss of one of the greatest voices of heavy metal. Heaven & Hell were set to be on the road in Europe this summer when news came through that despite the amazing progress he was making Ronnie wouldn't be well enough to tour and those shows were canceled. But now, remaining members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice are set to play a one off show to celebrate his life and work.

The Heaven & Hell one-off show - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio, will be held at the High Voltage Festival on Saturday, July 24th. All proceeds to be donated to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.

The band will be completed by Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, Black Sabbath) and Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN) who will both contribute vocals. It promises to be a fitting celebration to a man that the metal scene owes so much.

In a video interview with High Voltage recently, Iommi talked about the upcoming tribute.

"This will be the first and only tribute we're doing to Ronnie," the guitarist says. "We feel that it would be really nice to do this and he'd really like it. Glenn Hughes has also been part of the family for many years and he's a very good friend of Ronnie's, they were very close. So we think it would be apt to use Glenn, and Glenn is a great vocalist. And Jorn Lande is also a big fan of Ronnie and a great singer. We're going to start rehearsals a week before and see what happens. It's difficult because it's something we want to do for Ronnie, focus on him. We just want to do it for him and the fans. He'd love his music to be played. This is a closure for us as well."

Check out the entire chat below:
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 18 Juin - 22:05

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Mer 7 Juil - 22:44

GLENN HUGHES Says He's Been Given 13 Songs To Learn For RONNIE JAMES DIO Tribute Show

On May 16th, RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) passed away and the world of music mourned the loss of one of the greatest voices of heavy metal. Heaven & Hell were set to be on the road in Europe this summer when news came through that despite the amazing progress he was making against his cancer Ronnie wouldn't be well enough to tour and those shows were canceled. But now, remaining members Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice are set to play a one off show to celebrate his life and work.

The Heaven & Hell one-off show - A Tribute to Ronnie James Dio, will be held at the High Voltage Festival on Saturday, July 24th. All proceeds to be donated to the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.

The band will be completed by Glenn Hughes (ex-DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH) and Jorn Lande (MASTERPLAN) who will both contribute vocals. It promises to be a fitting celebration to a man that the metal scene owes so much.

Hughes has spoken to Classic Rock about the tribute.

"When Wendy Dio, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler asked me if I’d do this special set at High Voltage in his memory, it was such an honour. I’ve been given 13 songs to learn, which includes the Black Sabbath albums Ronnie did, and also the Heaven & Hell album, The Devil You Know. We’re going down to Mono Valley in Wales, where there will be rehearsals and we’ll sort it all out. There’s no competition here. This is all about paying appropriate respect to Ronnie. I’m sure it’ll be a very emotional time for all of us, and he’ll be looking down at Jorn and me saying, ’Go on, you can do it.”
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Sam 9 Oct - 0:49

Video Of RONNIE JAMES DIO's Final Resting Place Available

Legendary singer RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) was laid to rest at the Hall Of Liberty at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills in Los Angeles, California on May 30, 2010 after public and private memorials and was entombed in the Jackson Three Children sarcophagus in the FLHH Courts Of Remembrance. Nearby notable crypts include Sandra Dee, Albert "Cubby" Broccoli, Isabel Sanford, Morey Amsterdam, Freddie Prinze Sr., George Raft, Liberace, Charles Laughton, Andy Gibb, Lou Rawls and Bette Davis.

Video footage of Dio's final resting place shot on October 5th is available below.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Sam 9 Oct - 0:50

Dio died at 7:45 am (CDT) on May 16, 2010, of metastasized Stomach Cancer.
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 10 Oct - 0:54

LION'S SHARE Report On Sweden Rock Cruise Tribute To RONNIE JAMES DIO

As reported earlier today, a number of Swedish metal musicians paid tribute to RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) during the Sweden Rock Cruise, which sailed on October 7, 2010 from Stockholm, Sweden for Åbo, Finland and returned the following day.

The core band of the Dio tribute was melodic metallers LION'S SHARE, fronted by Nils Patrik Johansson (ASTRAL DOORS).

Lion's Share have issued the following post show report:

"The Dio Tribute at the Sweden Rock Cruise was an incredible night. We really wanna thank all the guests for their great performances and of course the audience: what a great crowd!

Finally we want to thank Ronnie James Dio for the awesome music he gave us and pay our respects to Wendy Dio and the rest of his family.

Here's the setlist with some comments:

'E5150' (intro)
'Mob Rules' (Lion's Share)
'Stand Up And Shout' (Lion's Share)
'Holy Diver' (Lion's Share) - The response from the crowd really blew us away. Epic!

And here we start picking up the different guests to perform with us:

'Egypt (The Chains Are On)', together with Johan Edlund from TIAMAT on vocals. Johan really did his own version of this great song and it was brilliant.

'Man On The Silver Mountain', together with Johan Hegg on vocals. A smoking performance from Mr. AMON AMARTH himself. A classic!

'Don't Talk To Strangers', together with Charles Rytkönen on vocals. Awesome performance from the front man of MORGANA LEFAY. Thumbs up.

Here we had a little changeover and Martin Forssman from Sweden Rock Magazine entered the stage and reminded the audience to support the Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund.

'One Night In The City', performed by GOTHENBURG ALLSTARS: Björn Gelotte (IN FLAMES) - guitar, Peter Iwers (In Flames) - bass, Jocke Berg (HARDCORE SUPERSTAR) - vocals, Magnus "Adde" Andreasson (Hardcore Superstar) - drums, Rikard Zander (EVERGREY) - keyboards

'Rock'n'roll Children', (Gothenburg Allstars)

'Stargazer' (Gothenburg Allstars) - These guys delivered a classy show. Quality and passion.

Another little changeover and Lion's Share entered the stage again.

'Children Of The Sea' together with Messiah Marcolin (ex-CANDLEMASS) on vocals and Mike Wead from KING DIAMOND on lead guitar.

'Sign Of The Southern Cross', together with Messiah and Mike. Superior performances from Mike and Messiah. Felt great to see Messiah back where he belongs: on stage. One of the best frontmen of all times!

'Tarot Woman', together with Jens Johansson (ex-Dio, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN, STRATOVARIUS) on keyboards and Mats Levén (ex-Yngwie Malmsteen, TREAT, THERION, AT VANCE) on vocals. Two of Sweden's most talented musicians ever kicked ass in this Rainbow classic. Mats sang like a God!

'Rainbow In The Dark', Lion's Share singer Patrik took the stage again and Jens stayed to play this DIO hit song like he did so many times with the original.

'Heaven And Hell' (Lion's Share). This song is probably the reason to why Patrik became a singer. And the audience....WOW!

'Stars' - Time for the great final; all artists above together on stage to perform Dio's Live Aid-song 'Stars'. Special guests Jim Jidhed from Alien and Janne "JB" Christoffersson from GRAND MAGUS. We had no chance to rehearse this song, so it turned out to be pretty much a jam session. Chaotic....but fun."

Footage of Messiah Marcolin and Mike Wead with members of LION'S SHARE paying tribute to Black Sabbath's 'Sign Of The Southern Cross' can be viewed below.

Marcolin remarked: "I just want you to know one thing. In the summer of 2005 I had the honour to get to know Ronnie James Dio. And he is one of the nicest men I've ever met. His songs are gonna live forever!"
bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Dim 10 Oct - 0:54

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   Ven 10 Déc - 18:21

WENDY DIO Donates To Houston Cancer Treatment Center

Earlier this year, 39 News was the only television station in the country to interview heavy metal icon RONNIE JAMES DIO (BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) while he underwent cancer treatment at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

Dio's wife Wendy was back in Houston Wednesday, offering help for cancer research and telling her personal story about the past few months.

Wendy presented $117,000 to Ronnie Dio's physician, Dr. Ajani, for his esophageal cancer research program.

"We are honored that Wendy Dio has chosen to establish a foundation in Ronnie's memory," said Michelle Moore with external communications at M.D. Anderson. "[She] is determined to create more awareness to the community about early detection [and] screening, and to further research in this area."

Wendy sat down Wednesday with 39 News photojournalist Scott Goldsmith. Watch the video below:
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P   

RONNIE JAMES DIO R.I.P
Voir le sujet précédent Voir le sujet suivant Revenir en haut 
Page 5 sur 6Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Suivant