KINGDOM OF ROCK BRUDALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

TOUT SUR LE ROCK ET METAL

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment : -15%
(Adhérents) LEGO® Icons 10318 Le Concorde
Voir le deal
169.99 €

Dani Nolden tour report-spain

AuteurMessage
bru_dall

bru_dall

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Empty
MessageSujet: Dani Nolden tour report-spain   Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil - 7:42

Tour Report - Spain

Hello my babies in the dark!

As some of you know, we recently came back from a tour in Spain and needless to say, we LOVED IT! We kinda knew what to expect already since this was our second time there but honestly, this run surpassed my expectations. I was ready, the boys were ready... and the question before the whole thing started was... are THEY ready for US? Well, judging by the crowd's reaction and the amount of fun we had, it's safe to say their answer was a big "HELL YEAH"!

So sit back while I take you a few days back in time on this tour report... enjoy the ride cause WE sure DID!

July 1st - Arriving in Madrid

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_1c3c325c619d407d9d4a3992bb74ecf0
Dani, Costabile (press agent) and Raphael

First day in Spain was an open day so we could get some rest after the 10 hours long flight from Sao Paulo to Madrid. Even though the flight was one of the best I've ever experienced and I actually managed to sleep through most of it, it's always a bit hard to jump through time zones like that. We arrived at 7am and met our tour managers (more like friends nowadays) Chema and Juan. They took us to get some food and get settled at our hotel in Toledo, about an hour away from Madrid. Plans were that we would all hang out around the city right after getting something to eat but it wasn't happening... we "dared to dream" we wouldn't be too tired but this time the dream didn't come true *laughs*. However after a few hours of sleep, we were back on our feet and did some sight-seeing around the charming Toledo, sat down for a few beers and Spanish sangria (red wine with orange, lemon and pineapple - DELICIOUS!).

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_118d52a24ab94698b495b4fcc2c5993aDani Nolden  tour report-spain L_9d455cf38d9042388c6ce3d9e6d14046

Our Spanish sucks and our tour managers' Portuguese does too, but incredibly we could all understand each other after we emptied our bottles *laughs*. It was a fantastic evening and it took away all of our stress. All we needed was a good night of sleep to get ready to headbang...

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_39f4bc04754a48cd8076f017852e5518
BEER to Dream...

July 2nd - Madrid... stage for the FIRST concert of the WAKE UP SCREAMING
TOUR!

We arrived at the venue at about 6:30pm, did the soundcheck and got ourselves ready to rock. I had the chance to come back to the venue in time to catch the last couple of songs from Enuma Elish, one of our support bands for the night. Their singer, my fellow South American, has a very cool voice. Having played in Madrid before, it was no surprise to us that Metal fans there rock! However they still managed to shock us in a VERY positive sense of the word by singing along to the Dare to Dream tunes. I could easily sit there and just let them scream Baby in the Dark or Hideaway! When we finished our set, they kept asking us for more... next time, we promise... we'll prepare a nice surprise for you all!

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_bc47cd3e122e407595baa2eaa4f2bcb5
Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_d07b707a234648d29393da4b640f53a3
July 3rd - Next stop... Valencia!

Unfortunately we didn't get to see much of the city which is a shame, we were told it's a lovely place. It was HOT as hell, especially inside the venue. We all complain about the heat but I guess it gives you a little taste of FIRE, which makes the whole experience even more intense, not only for the fans but also to ourselves! We got on stage about an hour later than scheduled because of an accident with the support band Parking Fox's bass player. Kudos to that guy for playing bass with a hurt wrist, that was as Metal as it gets. The crowd again was fantastic, we had some people going crazy there and I received a request to exchange t-shirts (he wanted my Brazilian Metal Hurricane t-shirt). I think it wouldn't fit him... but maybe he didn't really care about it, if you know what I mean... naughty boy! *laughs* No time to party after the show... back to the hotel to get 3 hours of sleep before 7 hours on the road till the next city... Guijuelo, Salamanca!

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_e05b3329a7474467ab24f42df2a68d9b

July 4th - Jamon Rock Fest... are you ready???

I had never been to a bullfighting arena before and it was quite a feeling to be inside of one... literally! Since I would never have the guts to be a "toreadora", I felt like the bull... eh, better not say that or people will start comparing me to cows *laughs*. Oh well, I was told cows are pretty much like women in general... they will step on you, bite you and won't leave you alone until you aren't moving anymore, I guess most of you guys will agree that sounds exactly like a woman in PMS *laughs*. The concert was freaking fantastic and the crowd seemed to be having as much fun as we were. After the show, we talked to the fans and heard the awesome news that there were also people from Portugal there, along with others that traveled over 6 hours to catch us live. You guys traveled as much as we did and still had the energy to scream your guts out! The local were also brilliant, you guys gave us the energy to headbang through that hour as if we had had a whole night of sleep... you rock!

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_be3c0e75f9274945b0efd28320834c5fDani Nolden  tour report-spain L_f107cf364bf74eb2abc2b62274251e31

July 5th - Villaviciosa... here we come!

We got at Villaviciosa de Cordoba early enough to catch a delicious meal at a charming local restaurant (which had a poster of the show up right at the frontdoor, by the way... nice!) Tonight was the last show, it happened at Villaviciosa de Cordoba's Soccer Field so of course we had to play soccer... us crazy Brazilian folks can't see anything that resembles a ball, we start kicking it! Our tour manager Flavio warned us that we shouldn't be playing before a show, someone might break a leg or something, we didn't really want to listen so he took the ball from us and locked it in the dressing room... he's so mean *laughs*. We had to go in there though so we asked him to unlock it... he did but made us promise we wouldn't play. We promised... but we decided to jerk him around a little. Fabio arrived at the hotel, carried by Raphael, saying he had broke his ankle. He screamed so much that half the hotel thought it was true, except for our target. It sucks when people know you too well! We didn't fool him, but we did fool our other crew members so it was worth it... we are such babies *laughs*. Jokes aside, we got ready to rock... it was quite cold, weather was kinda weird and it looked like it was going to rain, but we had too much of that already... this time, we managed to scare it away and everyone had a great time.

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_631304f782774d3fa9396b42314c0d2b

We played our set (Villaviciosa rocks!) and then I was asked by Lars and Henning to sing "Smoke on the Water" with Metalium. I said I didn't know the lyrics by heart so I ended up writing the lyrics down (thanks, Henning!) and learn it as best as I could. It ended up being fun as hell and it turned out to be a great Metal party for everyone.

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_ddc390d63b86458a9f158c02946e10bb
Dani and Lars Ratz from Metalium

We didn't know what to expect from the concert because we didn't see many people out in the streets, it seemed to be a very small and peaceful town, populated by not-very-Metal people. Boy, were we WRONG! Even dogs there like Metal *laughs*. We had no idea what this little guy was called, so we just named him Popeye because of his arms. We were told he never misses a concert... I want a dog like that!

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_93d21e5a3d4b44c58b6c5c7eac82de22

Fabio with Popeye, Raphael and Edu

Show is over...but the jokes aren't! We partied A LOT backstage, the boys drank one or ten too much and decided to walk (or should I say STAGGER) back to the hotel, since it was only two blocks away. As they were leaving, they saw Metalium's van right behind them. Sick in the head as they all are, they stopped in front of the van, closing the road, so they started flashing at them so they would move... however they not only did not move but they also dropped their pants and mooned Metalium and walked in front of the van all the way to the hotel. Shadowside's asses will now be forever in Metalium's mind... *laughs*, sorry guys, we had to tell... if you have pictures, send them! Party carried on for a few hours more at a local bar and most people have no memories of what happened next... what a night (I THINK!).

Dani Nolden  tour report-spain L_12d83368396f4e8687b28944fd66688f
Dani, Juan and Henning (Metalium)

Unfortunately all good things come to an end and we flew back home in the evening the day after. Tired, shattered but extremely happy with how things went during the whole tour. We would like to thank Adolfo and Juan at Rockstars Producciones, Chema, all of our support bands, Metalium, Adelino from Portugal, Guille from Aldea Metal and everyone who helped us, headbanged with us or supported us in any way. Stay tuned... we will come back!

And LOOK OUT UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.YOU will WAKE UP SCREAMING with SHADOWSIDE in September! We will do a daily blog for you all.see ya in OUR DREAMS!

Dani

For more pictures please visit our Gallery
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://myspace.com/brudall
bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Dani Nolden tour report-spain   Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil - 7:45

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Dani Nolden tour report-spain   Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil - 7:48

bru_dall

bru_dall

MessageSujet: Re: Dani Nolden tour report-spain   Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Icon_minitimeMar 15 Sep - 18:20

USA - Tour Report
Humeur actuelle : Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Tired relax
Hello again, my "Babies in the Dark"! Here I am at our Pittsburgh headquarters after a nice dinner, thinking back on the shows this weekend and looking forward to the ones to come. We had one HELL of a great time in Cambridge and Imperial. We had already played both cities and venues before - Shakers and The Lighthouse - but I can honestly say we did not expect what we saw these past few nights. To put it simply - it ROCKED! The moshing that is occurring as of late is not only strange, but very invigorating from my perspective. Back home in Brazil that kind of reaction is very common (we will rock with you guys next month!), but seeing that the U.S. are home of many amazing extreme Metal bands, we didn't think our music would be "mosh worthy" here. Yet the past several shows some serious slammin' has taken place. We really wish you ALL were there, so I will try to detail it as much as I can so you can experience part of what we experienced... and get ready for when we tour YOUR area!

Cambridge, OH - September 4th

I remember this charming city from the first time we toured the U.S. back in 2007. Cambridge was one of the first shows on that run and it was brutally cold for me. Maybe that wasn't as cold for America's winter standards but for someone who grew up in the everlasting sunshine of the beaches of Santos, Brazil, it was simply freezing. I loved it anyway, the city was all ready for Christmas and we had a great time. However I have to say I was a lot more at ease this time in the warm weather... it didn't take as long as last time for my neck to stop hurting *laughs*.

We got to the venue at about 8pm after being stuck in traffic for about an hour or so. We were sick of being in the car and extremely excited for the show. We knew some people would be driving over 3 hours to catch that show and both locals and people from outside of town truly knew how to rock that night. We gave it our best and had a lot of fun with some of our fans before, during and after the show. Cheers to Lonewolf for the pictures and to Andy and his family - it's always a pleasure to meet such dedicated fans like them who are also such nice people. Thank you!

After a good night of sleep and a few self-massages to get the neck pain to go away... we are ready for the Lighthouse... were they ready for US?

Imperial, PA - September 5th

The Lighthouse is one of the coolest, if not THE coolest, places we've ever played at. We always said - and now you are all my witnesses - that no matter how big we get, that's a venue we will always want to visit on every tour. As usual, the atmosphere was simply fantastic. Fans seemed to be ON FIRE even before we hit the stage so I was pretty much counting the seconds to go on. I kept bugging our manager "Sweet" Lou saying I didn't wanna wait any longer... kinda like kids do with their parents, pulling their sleeves and saying "are we there yet?" *laughs*

The opening band, Skell from Pittsburgh kicked the night off in the right direction. They showed SERIOUSLY amazing musicianship. They were one of the tightest bands we've ever played with and for those of you who just got into the band and aren't familiar with our past, we've shared the stage with the likes of Nightwish, Helloween and Sepultura to mention a few. They brought some SKELLatics to the show and it's awesome when fans of different types of bands get to be exposed to something they wouldn't normally listen to and end up liking it. It's all METAL in the end, right???

Subtle Fall, the other band, are our direct support for the tour and kick some ass too. Very hard and heavy music, high energy stage show, lots of fun. We haven’t had much time to hang together yet, but I am sure we will.

We had a lot of people through the door last night and it was AMAZING. The whole floor was bouncing and crashing as we drove through the set. It is so amazing when the fans sing the tunes with us, I still can’t believe the reactions we’ve received here in the States. From the time we hit with “Nation” to the final chord from Rapha’s guitar the fans have been crazy energized!

After the show I got to hang with Tony Hawkins of Sound Spectrum Magazine Online, very cool dude. Also, we got to hang with our good friend Doc Rock of Metal Shop 101. We did an interview with him, albeit a little bit tipsy *laughs* Also, Metal Shop 101 and Doc Rock will be on hand at The Hard Rock Café in Pittsburgh on Sept.20 for the “Steel and Metal Show!” This will be our last Pittsburgh show of the tour and I'm looking forward to seeing you guys and girls there!

Thanks to ALL of you rockin’ metalheads that came out and jammed. Thanks to Dustin for rockin’ the younger crowd and drove up with Mom & Dad (Dan and Theresa) from West Virginia! Chris, Paddy Mac, Chris in Parts thanks for dumping the Jagers down everyone’s throat *laughs*

Coraopolis, PA - September 9th

Now I'm here in my bedroom at the headquarters and we're off to the Illinois shows. We relaxed a little bit today playing soccer (you didn't really think we would NOT find a way to play soccer, right? *laughs*). We are extremely excited about the coming weeks. What's amazing about this tour is that we are seeing a lot of mixed audiences, which we hadn't seen in America yet. There are people who are twice my age, who have seen it all and heard it all and rock out to our music. Then we also see very young people, teenagers, even children sometimes. To me, this is what Metal is all about. Bringing everyone together and keeping the music alive generation after generation.

So, my "Babies"... stay tuned, the Hurricane is coming for you! We will post pictures in the next few days and I will touch base with you all very soon... SHOW YOUR HORNS!
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Dani Nolden tour report-spain   Dani Nolden  tour report-spain Icon_minitime

Dani Nolden tour report-spain
Page 1 sur 1